ENGINE OIL COOLER

LQ9's come with them as standard equipment although judging by the size I don't think they do much. Shop for an Earl's fin & plate type core, I've got one about 12" x 10" x 1.5" on my 428 Firebird and the oil stays 220-degrees during long extended WOT. :thumbs: And if you are serious look into getting an oil temp guage but you would have to drill/tap the oil pan for that to mount the sending unit. You want oil temp to be 195-215 degrees, an external thermostat might be required. If you want more ideas I can dig-up my receipts and post some part numbers.

OR, you can find a oil cooler off a wrecked truck in a boneyard. er, "automotive recycling center" and just mount it and motor along happily :driving:

Mr. P. :)

dont ours already have them? isnt that what the dinky little cooler to the right of the trans cooler is? I thaught they came stock.

no sir i looked and followed the lines and that little cooler is for the power steering fuid, the one for the engine goes in the radiator only

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

we have an oil cooler, i know for sure. it may be a combo with the radiator like i have seen though. i know this because i have a plate that goes between the oil cooler lines that come off the side of the block ( th eplate goes between the block and oil cooler hardline for my blower oil feed line) i have never followed them but i know for sure we do have one. i know not all silverado's have them though.

we have an oil cooler, i know for sure. it may be a combo with the radiator like i have seen though. i know this because i have a plate that goes between the oil cooler lines that come off the side of the block ( th eplate goes between the block and oil cooler hardline for my blower oil feed line) i have never followed them but i know for sure we do have one. i know not all silverado's have them though.

yeah its in side the radiator though, dont think that there is an external one. im gonna folow the line one more time tonight just to be 110% sure