Next Step, Cam & Heads

so tranny is built, radix is pulling strong but i know thats not it...ive been searching around on cams and heads and trying to place one with my set up. but maybe some help from the experts will get me on my way....so where do i start, recomendations anyone..?? time to finish off this 6.0 before i drop somthing else in there.. lemme know

BYN

I'd call the folks that supercharge all day, everyday: A&A Corvette (Andy has a SSS) and East Coast Supercharging (ECS). Other people that will know are the engine head professionals, TEA, ET, etc call and ask and they will tell you exactly what cam will be required to work correctly with their heads.

Mr. P.

id recommend calling richard at west coast cylinder heads. he knows his stuff very well and will explain everything to you as well. he has some awesome heads too. you can get a set of stock heads that are ported and polished for a good deal. he can also help recommend a cam to go with them. but when you open up the intake your going to lose some boost but you will make more power . also a good flowing exhaust will net more gains.

I've decided to ditch the GT2-3 cam myself...already have a buyer for it (never installed it yet). I'm going to go with the Thunder Racing blower cam in the spring and either find a set of stock ported heads or go with the patriot heads, which is where I am leaning to. The biggest thing I have noticed about most, not all, but most heads is that they generally have smaller combustion chambers, thus raising the compression. I want to stay with something that will be close to stock compression ratio.

id recommend calling richard at west coast cylinder heads. he knows his stuff very well and will explain everything to you as well. he has some awesome heads too. you can get a set of stock heads that are ported and polished for a good deal. he can also help recommend a cam to go with them. but when you open up the intake your going to lose some boost but you will make more power . also a good flowing exhaust will net more gains.

so chase, theres really no big deal about losing boost if im gaining power correct? your just letting me in on facts i take it...2nd im running a fulll exhaust already, so i got that covered

I would be very interested in seeing your real world results. :cheers: A cam will be a big improvement for a minimal cost (relatively) with the stock heads. I feel that you will make the same power with everything else being constant (boost PSI, cam) just ~2k lighter in the wallet if you do heads only. If you do choose to do heads, concentrate the port work on the exhaust side (obviously).

What I am saying is that heads don't seem to be a big improvement with a Radix from what I have seen and read (others will debate this). I was even going to do a nice level III ported SLP head and cam package and their engineers talked me off the ledge so to speak, stating that a properly matched cam to the stock 311's and the 112 will yield equal to slightly less power as the stockers flow some good numbers. :dunno: Now if you had the ability to pulley down and make up that lost boost PSI, you will be golden. The Radix (112) is just not suited to do that. I am of course speaking to the 112, 6.0L and a 10psi goal.

If you do more free-flowing heads and a cam, you will be losing boost but making more power. You will be processing more air (and fuel) in the end, therefor more power. Boost can be stated as the measure of intake resistance as you already know. A motor is just a fancy air pump, the more air (and fuel) in and exhaust out, the more power.