Outlaw CAI installed today

jc04ss

Got my Outlaw CAI last week and installed today. Looks great. SSS breathes alot better now....especially above 3000rpms :devil: Now saving for the cat-back exhaust. :driving:

And let the modding begin....thats how it starts. Good luck!

post-7946-1187671854_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Have you run your truck in the 1/4 mile since you added the long tubes and re-tune?? If so..what was the new time??

No not yet. I will be at RaceWars in Royal City this coming weekend (8-25) and the following weekend Im hoping to hed to Spokane for some timed runs. Im hoping to hit a very low 14 sec et, hopefully everything will work out. Have you ran your truck at Spokane before? If so, how'd you do?

No not yet. I will be at RaceWars in Royal City this coming weekend (8-25) and the following weekend Im hoping to hed to Spokane for some timed runs. Im hoping to hit a very low 14 sec et, hopefully everything will work out. Have you ran your truck at Spokane before? If so, how'd you do?

I havent run the SSS at Spokane yet, but now that I did my tune and have the CAI I would like to see what it would do. They are having an event (I forgot what its called) at SRP (Spokane RAceway park) on Sept 14-15 with some badass cars. I was asking about your current mods cause Shelley Performance (who did all my work) was saying that getting a cat-back exh, LT headers, and a stall converter, and retune, should put me in the high 13's??

Its my dailly driver so I dont want to get to crazy, but it sounds good.

I havent run the SSS at Spokane yet, but now that I did my tune and have the CAI I would like to see what it would do. They are having an event (I forgot what its called) at SRP (Spokane RAceway park) on Sept 14-15 with some badass cars. I was asking about your current mods cause Shelley Performance (who did all my work) was saying that getting a cat-back exh, LT headers, and a stall converter, and retune, should put me in the high 13's??

Its my dailly driver so I dont want to get to crazy, but it sounds good.

My next mod will most likely be a stall and shift kit, that should get me into the hi 13's. We'll see hopefully soon enough.

jimp,

Did you get it with the red oiled cotton filter or with their new Neveroil white filter?

http://www.outlawpower.com/productdetail.php?sc=1274

I got it with the new Neveroil white filter. I called them (Outlaw power) and asked about the new filter. They said it was a better design than the old one and it is synthetic so when you clean it, you just rinse it from the inside out, let dry, and install. No worries about oil getting on the MAF sensor. It is a pretty awesome set-up. They also designed thier CAI to work with our trucks powerband, around 3000rpm and up. :driving: Most of the others start making thier power at 4500rpm and up.

Edited by jimp (see edit history)

I got my new Outlaw intake today. I am looking forward to putting it on. I have one question though. Do yall leave the bottom opening open or seal it off? I thought I read someone saying if you don't run a hose from the bumper to seal off the bottom hole.

You can open it up if you want. You won't gain much power or torque with a stock motor, but it should change the sounds you hear from the intake. You should open it if you have NOS, turbo or supercharger.

I got my new Outlaw intake today. I am looking forward to putting it on. I have one question though. Do yall leave the bottom opening open or seal it off? I thought I read someone saying if you don't run a hose from the bumper to seal off the bottom hole.

Mine is open and you can tell a difference from around 2500 rpm's and up. You dont gain alot of power or torque anyway with just a CAI. Breathes alot better. Good choice with the Outlaw intake :thumbs:

Edited by jimp (see edit history)