Looking for NOS Leather for 96 Tahoe Driver, Cushion

peerson

Howdy Y'all,

Wow, it's been a long time since I visited this site. Had a job change and my computer time has been extremely limited. Actually, eliminated. I still have my '04 SS, though. Just turned over 10,000 miles. Anyways, I need to replace the leather seat cover on my '96 Tahoe. Just the driver-side cushion cover (the part you sit on). GM has discontinued this part and it is not available from GM. After an exhausting, dial-up, internet search, I have been unable to locate a source for any NOS GM, OEM leather seat covers. I REALLY don't want to have an upholstery shop make one for me cause I know that it will never even come close to matching color and grain. If anyone has a source for this sort of thing, the GM part# is 12476171.

Thanks!

T

you need to find a better upholstery shop because my old boss can make a cover for thatr and make it perfect he has done a million of them but you are pretty far away we are in denton tx xtreme upholstery .com

If u still want GM, try Vintage Parts Co. up in Beaver Dam, MI. The # is 1-877-846-8243. They buy d/c GM parts and also buy out parts from dealers who close down. It is who we use for hard to find parts (I work for a GM dealer). I ran the PN# on my parts locator for u. There is a GM dealer in Sutton, NE called Friesens Chevy who shows two (2)!!! Their phone #'s are 1-402-773-5538 and 1-800-742-7664. Let me know if they will sell to u, if not I found 4 more at different dealers scattered about the US. This dealer was the closest, and they show 2.....

Good luck. :fingersx:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Thanks, Bad Bowtie!

I actually happened onto Friesen Chevy yesterday morning and they no longer have 2 of them. Because one of them is sitting in my garage! I guess the internet really is good for something.

T