Hawk Pads & Baer Alumasports

Holty

does anybody have or know where i can find the exact part numbers for the hawk pads that are for the baer alumasports? i called summit racing, they have no idea. i'm looking for the ones that have the lowest noise and no dust. i don't even care if they wear out fast and perform like crap. what series should i be looking at? :banghead:

LTS

Performance Ceramic

HPS

SuperDuty

??????????????????

NEED NO NOISE NO DUST :banghead:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would stay with the stock pads. i had hawk pads on my baer brakes and they made alot of noise. i ended up swiching back to stock pads. they are the best i have found.

i didn't realize i could use stock GM pads? so i can just go to the dealer and tell them i want stock GM pads and they will fit the alumasport calipers?

Someone else posted here a couple years back to ask for Chrysler brakes, for a '03 Charger maybe??? I'm going by memory so I'm not sure I'm right and the damn search function sucks so... :confused: BUT I KNOW I've read someone posting that interchange info here before.

Mr. P.

Someone else posted here a couple years back to ask for Chrysler brakes, for a '03 Charger maybe???  I'm going by memory so I'm not sure I'm right and the damn search function sucks so...  :confused: BUT I KNOW I've read someone posting that interchange info here before.

Mr. P.

:banghead:

damnit, i thought if anyone knew it would be you :banghead:

i dont have the part # on me off hand but the brake pads are for the srt 8 charger or 300 or whatever just not the jeep , they are the same pad for the front and rear. i would call baer and see what they say, im in need of new pads soon also, i called the dodge dealer and they wanted somethin gover 100 for a set and two sets are needed. i hate the pads they come with , mine arent noisy but the dust is ridiculous!

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to recall reading they are the same pads used on a 300C, but I would think Baer would make them with their own pad material/compound. How many miles did you get out the orig Baer pads?

Maybe you can buy Baer pads from TByrne or directly from Baer? If you call Baer tech support in AZ, ask for "Dutch". Nice guy and very helpfull.

I seem to recall reading they are the same pads used on a 300C, but I would think Baer would make them with their own pad material/compound.  How many miles did you get out the orig Baer pads?

Maybe you can buy Baer pads from TByrne or directly from Baer?  If you call Baer tech support in AZ, ask for "Dutch".  Nice guy and very helpfull.

Hmmm I always talk to Ben and he reccomended the chrysler pads for the regular alumasports which being a stock pad I would assume they should be fairly quiet. They are also making a quieter pad for the 15" rotors.

• 10 months later...

I decided to call Hawk this morning to see what pads they make which would fit the Alumasports. I was told by Baer that it's the same pad that the Chrysler 300C uses. The FMSI (friction materials standards institute) number needs to be D1058 for the pad also from the information Baer gave me. I gave this information to Hawk and they were happy to say that make a pad for this setup. The part number for the pad I need to order is:

HB509F.678

I found them at summit racing for about $80 and $76 at the local pep boys. I plan on stopping by tomorrow morning on my way home from work and ordering a set since they are special order. Hopefully they will be at the store in about 3 - 5 days. Once I have them, install them, and break them in, it will be time to see if the horrendous squeal goes away.

Edited by 2006SilverSS (see edit history)