Hawk Pads & Baer Alumasports

Holty

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

says there in stock daryl. order them today by 3:00 i think and they'll get to your house on monday.

Yeah, Hawk said that they place orders all the time and just had some delivered recently. I'm not in all that much of hurry to get them since I won't have time to install them until at least next weekend anyway since I'm in the middle of a 12 day work week, lol. Plus even with the tax here it's about $8 cheaper to get them through Pep boys, I was kinda surprised at that one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I guess those worked alright huh? I need to order new pads TODAY for my alumasports on my SS. Would you recommend those or should I order Baer replacements?

Don't know how I missed this post, but I'll give an update on the pads now... The main reason that I swapped out the pads was due to the squealing, well... The Hawk pads are better, but I can't say that they are all that much better. They still have a good amount of squealing, but I'm going to just deal with it now. The braking performance was slighly better with the pads that Baer provides though. When I replaced the pads Baer stated that they would be coming out with a ceramic pad soon to help with the squealing also, the downside was they were somewhere in the range of $120 or something like that. Hope this helps anyone with this setup.

Don't know how I missed this post, but I'll give an update on the pads now... The main reason that I swapped out the pads was due to the squealing, well... The Hawk pads are better, but I can't say that they are all that much better. They still have a good amount of squealing, but I'm going to just deal with it now. The braking performance was slighly better with the pads that Baer provides though. When I replaced the pads Baer stated that they would be coming out with a ceramic pad soon to help with the squealing also, the downside was they were somewhere in the range of $120 or something like that. Hope this helps anyone with this setup.

have you posted pictures of your alumasports, i would like to see them. . . . please. on side by side comparison, what where the differences in the calipers?

• 3 weeks later...

HB509F.678

thats the only hawk p/n that will fit an alumisport, and it is for a 300c with the sport suspension package. i have had them for about 2k miles, never have they squeeked once. however, i did notice a fairly signifigant change in the performance of the brakes. the baer pads worked much better. but since the hawks have virtually no dust and litterally no noise, im gunna stick with them.

have you posted pictures of your alumasports, i would like to see them. . . . please. on side by side comparison, what where the differences in the calipers?

Here is the post where I put a couple pics up... Click Here. I didn't take any pics of the calipers side by side so it's hard to say, but I don't think they are that much different from the ones on the 2WD trucks anyway.

Here is the post where I put a couple pics up... Click Here. I didn't take any pics of the calipers side by side so it's hard to say, but I don't think they are that much different from the ones on the 2WD trucks anyway.

cool man thanks. . .i think this weekend im going to do a side by side comparison of both calipers (piston size, pad contact area, and weight) and rotors (mm thickness and weight) to see exactly what the differences are :chevy:

• 11 months later...