Belt Install (3.0 pulley)

Remember, belt sizes may differ from one set-up to another. Some Radix kits have adjustable idlers, others do not,...I have also seen different idlers on different years. Use the belt charts as guides. I run a 111.5 with a 2.8" pulley and dual 100mm idlers. My idlers are not adjustable.

I've gotta ask, what idler pullies are you running? This makes a big difference.

Zippy I got the radix off of punkt71 who runs a 03 SS, and hes running the pullies that either come stock with the kit or that gm had on the truck already. My left idler pulley (if youre looking at the engine) is adjustable. For reference both idler pullies are parallel to each other, the one on the right doesnt look adjustable, but the left one definetly is. Its the idler screwed into a brass? block in the back and has room to move the pulley up or down. Should I just pull this idler up a little for some slack?

The truck feels alot tighter on the top end for some reason, then again i could just be talking out of my rear. This pulley id tighter then it should be, so I dont feel any slip, or anything being sluggish when I first step on the pedal.

Im just worried the tensioner will become a problem or some of the accessories like the water pump or alternator may have issues with the tight belt. I mean 0.5" doesnt seem like much. But I cant definetly say the tensioner pulley is fully compressed and has no where to go right now.

I guess some pictures are in need to show my setup.

Edited by SoCalSS (see edit history)

Zippy I got the radix off of punkt71 who runs a 03 SS, and hes running the pullies that either come stock with the kit or that gm had on the truck

Correction: 04 SS... maybe the parts are different since it was an 04 radix kit? It should be the same though i would think. If the tensioner is too tight you may break it.. you might want to look into getting a 112 or 112.5" belt if the one you have is that tight

Correction: 04 SS... maybe the parts are different since it was an 04 radix kit? It should be the same though i would think. If the tensioner is too tight you may break it.. you might want to look into getting a 112 or 112.5" belt if the one you have is that tight

Thanks for the correction Kris. Im installing the belt this weekend and going with the 112.0 once autozone gets the part in. Last thing I need is a ruined tensioner or anything else.