2002 SS pickup.

smoke03

The truck is real. They were ordered from Chevrolet, delivered to Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet in Newton and customized by their specialty vehicles team. As he said in his listing, they were limited and were scheduled to be a Dale Earnhardt signature truck in 2001, but since he died they turned it into what you see there in the listing. Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet frequently does this with many vehicles both before and after Dale died. They also have done some Dale Jr stuff. These vehicles are exclusive to Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet and can not be purchased through other dealers as the Monte Carlo's were.

kinda like the Intimidator SS Camaro that came out a couple of years before he died. very limited number. Jr has the one that Chevy built for Sr

Correct, I think they are limited to under 30 that he actually signed, and then he passed away. I think the plan was for 70 total to be built, but I do not know if that ever happened. I know that the cars that are around bring big money when sold, in the range of 40-60K. I wish I could get my hands on one.