Retractable Front License Plate Bracket

Rays B4U

Thanks for all the comments, I was somewhat hesitant on posting it or not, figured everyone would think it "dumb" and say you can just take the front plate off, but like I said, I don't want to run without a front plate all the time.

ooo so did you fab this or buy it....i been kinda out the loop with moving and all

I fab'd it up, I couldn't find one on the internet for the front plate, only for the rear.

id love to get one. my ss cover should be in soon and im going to hate to drill holes in it. let us know if this is custom or bought. if you want to make more let me know....~~Kyle

I'll have to think about whether or not I want to make more or not. I don't have a shop so I had to build this one on my deck using the cracks in my old picnic table as a makeshift metal brake, then I had to farm out the welding to my neighbor who can weld aluminum. I'll research it and see what kind of price I'd have to charge for them.

Nice.. now if someone could make one that works with the BACK plate so I can retract it while using the toll road (so it cant take the picture of the plate and send me a bill.. haha)

:nono::D

I had mounted my front plate with a SLP Camaro plate bracket. Held it in place with to quick release pins. Looks good when mounted because it mounts to the bottom side of the bumper. Since I bought my truck out of state it had no front plate mounts. So I wanted to avoid drilling holes in the bumper. This was a fast and cheap fix. I can still take it off really quickly once I get to the track or out of state. However I would love one of those motorized! Too bad the intercooler would be in the way.

I bet you could put a patent on it and the after market would really pick up on it well. It does look good even with the plate showing...I would love to be without a front plate....good job :thumbs:

i thought the same thing.

What a great idea. :thumbs::thumbs: That's the kind of thing you could make lots of money off of. The aftermarket companies would love that. We don't need a front plate here in Michigan, but I know a lot of states still require it.