Intercooler Spraying

those are great for hot days at the track... a buddy of mine has it on his ricer..not sure how much hp it is good for but he can make continuous runs without a problem as he was having problems cooling everything off after a run...

well, actually, on a subaru WRX sti, a water spray is good for about 10 extra ponies, so i would guess it would be good for atleast that on a AtoA Intercooler, on our trucks... :thumbs:

I wouldn't think these sprays would be as useful on a air-to-water intercooler like most of us have with our superchargers. It would take a couple of minutes of spraying to cool down the water. On an air-to-air intercooler, the sprayer could cool the intercooler as it is needed and be of some use, but the lag on an air-to-water intercooler would require some planning on when you are next going to want your next shot of cold air.

I wouldn't think these sprays would be as useful on a air-to-water intercooler like most of us have with our superchargers. It would take a couple of minutes of spraying to cool down the water. On an air-to-air intercooler, the sprayer could cool the intercooler as it is needed and be of some use, but the lag on an air-to-water intercooler would require some planning on when you are next going to want your next shot of cold air.

Dave,

Speaking of cooling the intercooler, didn't you do a heat exchanger add on to your Radix? Did it make a noticable difference? and if you don't mind, how expensive?

Considering a JLP powercooler myself. L' guys are getting really good results from it.

I assume this voids the Radix warranty and adds a ton more cost to the thing? It wouldn't be any fun if it didn't right?

I did a search, must not be a very good search though for the purpose of a heat exchanger. I am failing miserably with the difference in what an intercooler and a heat exchanger do and which one may be better or a chiller. It's getting confusing over here.

Check out this link, it shows the installation of the JDM heat exchanger.

Intercooler Heat Exchanger Upgrade, Fun project for my Radix

I don’t know about voiding the warranty, but I suppose it might. Although it would be hard to argue that a better heat exchanger is going to cause problems with the system. Yes, it does add quite a bit to the cost.

There are two kinds of intercoolers.

Air-to-air: The compressed air from the supercharger is passed through a heat exchanger that has outside air passing through it. This type is commonly seen with turbo chargers and some centrifugal superchargers.

Air-to-water The compressed air from the supercharger is passed through a heat exchanger that has water flowing through it. The water is then cooled by passing it through another heat exchanger that has outside air passing through it. This is the type used by the Radix.

Archived