gettin a sti this week for a second car

04blacksss

well i have been trying to decide over a sti or evo for a few months now and finally came to i want a white sti so im goin this weekend to hopefully pick it up.. ill post some pics when i get it

i am keepin the sss also so dont think i bailed on the bowtie no way in hell that would happen. :chevy:

No offense (and by all means, great choice for a economy car!) but I would've gone with the EVO. Granted the subaru's are set up to be a really fast but still comfortable car, and the evos are just stupid fast and have stock stripped rigid uncomfortable interiors (which suits me better)...

Good luck with it :thumbs: , is it $4k you need in bolt-ons to get into the really high HP range with those?

And don't forget to drive the SSS around once and a while!! :driving:

You're going to make the SS mad lol :jester: My SS waits for me to driver her on the weekends. Freaking 1 hour commute keeps me from driving the SS. I did drive it for a couple months this summer and man what a difference. The DD is slow and a POS but the DD also is cheaper on gas. The SS takes $125 a week to drive to work where as the DD only requires about $50.

That car will be a lot of fun.. if I had the choice between the two I would go with an Evo MR edition... that motor is insane.. I used to have a 97 Eclipse GST (pretty much same motor) and slapped a huge turbo/intercooler and bigger injectors and it ran an 11.7 (front wheel drive w/ slicks)

i went from an 05 STi to the SS. i'd take the STi over the SS any day, but insurance is what killed me. haha. if you have a heavy right foot or like to drive fast, you won't be saving much gas. but with all the little gadgets like DCCD and what not, you'll have lots of fun.

are you getting the 06-07 style?

Isn't the STI and Evo mached pretty evenly in performence

Subaru's will always lean a little towards being rally cars, while the Mitsu's are a little more friendly with pavement (IMHO)... They are very close and are huge competitors, but in the long run, Subaru's are more functional as daily drivers while the Mitsu's are just straight up rice rockets...

Isn't the STI and Evo mached pretty evenly in performence

Yeah they're pretty dead even in performance the STI has lik 10-15 more HP but if ur thinking in a QT mile the EVO always edges it out by maybe 1-2 10's of a second but thier both great cars with some good mods they'll pin u in to the seat easy... congrats on the new ride... :thumbs::driving:

-Rob

Good luck with it :thumbs: , is it $4k you need in bolt-ons to get into the really high HP range with those?

i know the 04 gen come with 300hp at the wheels factory. a friend of mine bought a 97 rs with a 04 STi drive line in it from japan making 320hp at the wheels. friggin awesome swap. how high hp were you thinking?

they have from factory

0-60 in 4.9

0-100 in 12.8

1/mile time 13.5 @ 103mph

thats not to shabby right from factory.