Best place to buy billet output shaft?

It's been a while since I've hung out here and in the mean time I have broken 2 output shafts. I am tired of this crap so it's time to spring for a billet one. I have seen that PATC has them for $569 is that about as good as it gets or what? This time when my trans blew up it pretty much junked everything except the case, valve body, and front planetaries. I have a friend at the Chevy dealer looking for a 4L70 core to rob a few parts from. I haven't really been beating on my truck, I gave up racing it at the track but a transmission every 10K miles is ridiculous.

I guess my next question is if I put a billet output shaft in there what breaks next? I hope to get a late model core to put the better input drum/shaft in mine but what else is gonna fail? I am really considering yanking the Maggie off and saving it for my Chevelle when I get rolling on it. Later

Dave

It's been a while since I've hung out here and in the mean time I have broken 2 output shafts. I am tired of this crap so it's time to spring for a billet one. I have seen that PATC has them for $569 is that about as good as it gets or what? This time when my trans blew up it pretty much junked everything except the case, valve body, and front planetaries. I have a friend at the Chevy dealer looking for a 4L70 core to rob a few parts from. I haven't really been beating on my truck, I gave up racing it at the track but a transmission every 10K miles is ridiculous.

I guess my next question is if I put a billet output shaft in there what breaks next? I hope to get a late model core to put the better input drum/shaft in mine but what else is gonna fail? I am really considering yanking the Maggie off and saving it for my Chevelle when I get rolling on it. Later

Dave

Call Chuck at Finishline Transmissions

Do you have a built trans? I'm surprised to see you go through so many trans. I'm still on my stocker with a zippy shift kit/servos and a TBTC. I'm running the 3.0 pulley and zippy has it tuned well so maybe that's the trick. I had to drive the SS to work today and I beat on it some. Got to love the passing power of a SC. :devil: I hope I never see the trans problems other have had.

My trans was built by a buddy of mine. My truck has 30K supercharged miles on it. You will eventually break the output shaft. It was my fault the 2nd time money was tight and I put a stock output shaft in it....KABLAM. I haven't been running it that hard and don't race it any more. My trans has a TBTC, Full billet servos, zippy shift kit with oversized boost valve, etc. The original trans burnt the high gear clutches at 70K and since then 2 output shafts but no more clutches. I have had many trials and tribulations with the truck and I love it but it has cost me some money.

Dave