Drive-By-Wire (DBW)

Fun Guy

I seem to be having a problem, but I am not sure it is a problem. Maybe it's a characteristic of DBW. Maybe you guys can help me diagnose it.

I have a 2003 Avalanche with a 5.3L and a Radix. Tuning has helped the blower considerably, but actually, I had this problem before the blower install.

I like how the gas pedal feels the first 1/4 of the way down. And from 3/4 to full throttle, it also accelerates nicely. But the middle - from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle - it seems like nothing happens. The engine either bogs down or seems like there is no acceleration in this mid-range. I have to floor it to get acceleration, and then when I do, I get a HUGE (almost violent) downshift before taking off like a bat out of hell. There is no in-between.

Have any of you guys noticed this same phenomenon with your trucks?

Does this only happen a moderate RPMS? Under Boost? Did you have any programing done before you installed the Radix?

If so its most likely a over rich condition.

:withstupid:

If this is the case, some free-way logging and some changes to your VE table should help. :thumbs:

Does this only happen a moderate RPMS? Under Boost? Did you have any programing done before you installed the Radix?

Bone stock prior to Radix install (no tuning), and stock Superchips/Radix tune for about two weeks, until I got a little more tuning from Magnuson. I'm not convinced that the tune I presently have is sufficient or adequate.

It really doesn't matter if I'm on level ground, going up a hill, in pre-bypass (vacuum), or in boost, the middle half of the gas pedal seems to give me very little acceleration. I take it no one else has this problem?

Does this only happen a moderate RPMS?  Under Boost? Did you have any programing done before you installed the Radix?

Bone stock prior to Radix install (no tuning), and stock Superchips/Radix tune for about two weeks, until I got a little more tuning from Magnuson. I'm not convinced that the tune I presently have is sufficient or adequate.

It really doesn't matter if I'm on level ground, going up a hill, in pre-bypass (vacuum), or in boost, the middle half of the gas pedal seems to give me very little acceleration. I take it no one else has this problem?

Humm.. Hasn't been to easy for you thats for sure. You'll need to run a scan tool (EFI Live or Ease) to track down whats really going on.

Does this only happen a moderate RPMS?  Under Boost? Did you have any programing done before you installed the Radix?

Humm.. Hasn't been to easy for you thats for sure. You'll need to run a scan tool (EFI Live or Ease) to track down whats really going on.

What I'd really like to do is find someone experienced and competent to diagnose the truck properly and do a good tune. I'm not sure I want to buy and learn all of the tools as much as I would like someone who already knows them well to just do the job right.

Archived