Vho Vs. Srt-10

Chris Dubya

10 minutes ago I pulled off an upset even better than App. State vs. Michigan! I’m exiting 130 S. tollway and see a yellow dodge with a spoiler at the light in front of me, and since we were both turning left, I pulled in behind him hoping it was a bumbling bee. Right away noticed the offset pipes and the badging: SRT10. I'm thinking.....Oh Sh*t. Light turned green and as we made the left under the overpass, he hit it and so did I while moving over to the right lane and up to the next stoplight. Go time.

I’ve run a few trucks from this same light….absolutely perfect. Slightly uphill, and about a 1/3 mile run until the lanes merge. On the right, nothing but field, on the left, the concrete embankment of the overpass (no hiding place for cops, and Hutto cops SUCK). We are both edging up and as the other light (not ours) turned yellow, I stalled to about 2K, hit the tailoring button (my nickname for it is ‘hauling’ ass mode) and nailed it when the light turned green. My tires might have turned over twice before hooking and hanging two feet behind him. Then I heard his engine gun but he fell back and I kept pulling as this guy fumbled his way through a shift. When he got it in gear he started charging up slower than I thought he would, but by then it was too late. I backed off and he came blowing by me way after the merge point, so I guess he can brag about ‘winning’, but when I gave him a thumbs up as I passed him at the next intersection, all he did was stare. What’s really going to mess with his head is that I pulled the VHO badging off my doors, so he thought I was just a plain-jane chevy.

You can see my mods below, nothing special, this guy has a MUCH faster truck but in my book a win is still a win. I have to say, I’m VERY proud of my VHO. I used to beat Z-28’s with my 4-door Acura Integra GSR because I was a better driver, and this guy lost because he couldn’t make the shift. I’m f*ckin’ jacked right now!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was it a 4 door or the single cab srt10 ?

Single cab, so I was thinking I was in deep trouble. He didn't pull as hard out of the hole as I thought he would. I'm not sure if those things have traction control, or if you have to be careful to keep them hooked up.

All the single cabs are six speeds and if they miss a shift the rpm's drop and it's going to take some time for them to come back up again. The problem with owning the world's fastest truck (SRT-10) is getting beat by someone in a truck that should have lost. I have only raced a quad cab, (and they are an automatic and slower than the regular cab), but the guy wasn't too happy not beating me and finally made a dumb-azz pass on the shoulder of the road to pass me in stopped traffic. Anytime you throw a rev at someone you take the chance of getting beat, but that's just part of the fun.................... :cheers:

Edited by Show Time (see edit history)

All the single cabs are six speeds and if they miss a shift the rpm's drop and it's going to take some time for them to come back up again. The problem with owning the world's fastest truck (SRT-10) is getting beat by someone in a truck that should have lost. I have only raced a quad cab, (and they are an automatic and slower than the regular cab), but the guy wasn't too happy not beating me and finally made a dumb-azz pass on the shoulder of the road to pass me in stopped traffic. Anytime you throw a rev at someone you take the chance of getting beat, but that's just part of the fun.................... :cheers:

:withstupid: agreed and guys who take the chance shoudn't be poor losers if they don't win

:withstupid: agreed and guys who take the chance shoudn't be poor losers if they don't win

kick ass race!! :thumbs:

if i race someone i RACE someone... and to me it is all about who gets there first... racing is about your driving just as much as your vehical, (hello, nascar??)

you race someone and get there first you are the winner, period. excuses about shifts, traction, tune, blah, blah... who gives a F&CK? :smash:

again, good showing for chevy...