I Lost My Power Steering

redssinpgh

When I cut the wheel hard to the left and gave it some gas my power steering went. I didn't get to look at anything last night, but I know the belt was still on. What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by redssinpgh (see edit history)

I just went out and pulled on the p/s steering pulley :banghead: it moved in and out. I took the tension off of the belt and pulled the whole shaft out of the pump,with the pulley. Does that mean the pump is broken, or is that something that can be fixed?

Power steering gear located at the very bottom of the steering shaft is your problem. It makes the squealing noise when turned to the left and slightly when turned to the right. I had the dealership order me a new one and I am going to have it put on this Monday. There is a valve in there that sticks and causes that squealing noise that is REALLY ANNOYING!!

TruckinSS :driving:

ive noticed that mine is kind of squeeling when i make a hard left....like its the pump.....need to get to the dealer...