I.d. Theft

NolletSSS

So I believe this is where my troubles began. Last weekend I did my antenna delete and ordered the blanking plate from the dealership...all good. Then I was looking at my truck and started thinking that it needed the Shopman1 bowtie and found it on e-bay, the only problem is that I don't remember my account. So I did that whole cant remember username and password routine and e-bay says it was sent to my e-mail account....well nothing. I havnt used E-Bay in a long...long time and sense then all my bank account numbers and such have changed so I figured I should just create a new one right....so I go through all the BS of creating a new e-bay account and cant get it activated until I respond to an email that I never get again....So I figured Ill give it a day or two maybe some server or another is having a problem. Well anyway about 2 hours ago I go pull out some money and I notice that I'm down like 300 bucks and when I get home I check it out with my bank and I'm down 600 bucks :eek::banghead: My online statment gave me a www.com address and I look them up and call them just to get in a big fight with them because I wanted to know who the F they were and how they got my info.... :mad: anyway called my bank and talked with them for an hour and Ill be getting all my money back but it will take 2-3 weeks to get it and be done with this fraud investigation. The guy I talked with told my to be happy that they only got a grand total of $964.22 yea man I'm real happy to have just been stolen from and now have no access to money for 2-3 weeks yea it could have been worse but man this just sucks........sorry for the long post guys but thx for listening

Damn man that sucks, but i know your pain. I tried to order some rims from thewheelconnection.com (don't ever use them) anyways the site said my card was declined and the three days later i got a call from my credit card company asking if i got 100 dollars worth of gas in washington, im in hawaii, Long story short in three days they racked up 10 grand for me and i am going through the legal crap to get my money back as well. Sorry not trying to jack the thread just feel you pain and pissed off as well. :banghead:

....so I go through all the BS of creating a new e-bay account and cant get it activated until I respond to an email that I never get again....So I figured Ill give it a day or two maybe some server or another is having a problem.

:shakehead: Sorry to hear that man, at least you are getting your money back......I registered for an account last weekend that I will probably never use and it took 5 days to get that damn e-mail.......

buying wiht the computer\ebay is actually pretty secure. nothing is 100% Secure.

the key is, do NOT use your bank card\ATM card online EVER!!!!!

why? simple.. the federal government protects your CREDIT CARDS from theft, leaving you only liable for 50 dollars of what ever someone else charges to it. Your bank account is not protected in that way. If someone steals your money from your bank account, you'd be VERY VERY VERY lucky to see any of that money back.. EVER.

If they steal your credit card number (WHICH HAPPENED TO ME EARLIER THIS YEAR), you can explain to all parties that its not you (most likey the shipping address will give it away, seeint that its not yours), and they refund that to your card.. happened to me and i even got interest and finance charges and late charges refunded to my card.

I can see the point of the credit card over the web thing as its not directly linked to my bank but when you dont like credit cards or have one I used my bank card. I will be looking into getting a credit card to avoid issues like this from happening again. My bank is working on it and assured me that all the $$ will be back into my account..and they also protect my debit/atm card from unauthorized use but I'm still going to get a credit card to avoid this headache in the future.

Sorry to hear the bad news. You don't even have to use a card for the number to be stolen. This happened to me with my business checking ATM card. Never used it, but some a-holes guessed my ATM card number or something and used it to buy some gas. The bank closed it down quick because I guess they bought gas many times in a short period of time. I got all my cash back. 5/3 Bank was pretty good about the whole deal since I told them I've never used the card. I CAN NOT stand a thief. :mad: