Ufc

faceliftedss

there were some good matches tonight overall a great thing for the sport of MMA. the bisping hamill fight was a bad call, i was rooting for bisping but he didn't deserve that fight... my pick cheick kongo beat cro kop in the stand up and controlled 90% of the fight. the boys training in big bear cleaned up there were definant improvements in all three fighters games. go rampage

Mirko was horrible and I cant see him returning after that embarassment. Hamill was robbed he controlled the whole fight damn London Judges. Rampage/Henderson was pretty good. I didnt think it would go the distance and after the first 2 rounds It was looking like Randy/Gonzaga in how Dan was just up in Rampages face pushing him around but I guess he just gassed because round 3 Rampage came to life.

That was a really good UFC last night... Hamil had my pick before, and during the fight.. Bisping got the fight because its his home town or someone hates disabled people.. pretty sad. The look on Matt's face after the fight made me feel bad for the guy... that was complete bullshit.

As for the Congo/Cro Cop fight... my pick was Cro Cop because I was assuming the guy would come back as a machine avenging his loss and destroy anything in his path. Going off of Cheick Kongo's previous display against Assurio Silva showed his needed to work his ground game and was definetely not as good of a striker as Cro Cop. Common sense would have picked Cro Cop as the winner in this fight, but a lucky guess would have chose Cheick based off of Pre-UFC dominance in K1 and Pride for Cro Cop and the amateur fighting Cheick displayed. I was wrong, because Cro Cop didnt look like he trained any harder, he looked morally conservative and nervous, and Chiek looked like he trained his ass off since his last fight. Good job.

I think the man to look for in the future is Houston Alexander. I mentioned a few weeks ago on another post that this guy should be the one fighting Lidell instead of the 'Dean of Mean' Keith Jardine because he got his ass handed to him by Alexander in 45 seconds. This Alexander guy is a monster.. he looks pissed when he fights and I think he would destroy Chuck Lidell. Jardine will give Chuck a hard time, but Chuck will dominate him... give Alexander Lidell and you it will look like someone unleashed a gang load of Pit Bulls on a 3 year old kid.. he will rip Lidells mohawk right off of his cranium.

I was dissapointed at last night fights they all left a little more to be wanted, alls i can say is that im glad it was free... Crocop had a terrible showing, Congo did exactly wat he had too and he brought it straight to crocop an didnt let off. i told a friend before the fight started that i think CroCop is past his prime and that knock out that Gonzaga give him would definately plague his mind during the fight and i think it did because i'v seen him dominate fighter that were definately as big as Congo and yesterday that wasnt the same crocop. that is wat i fear in Wanderlei beening signed to the UFC he's a monster but he is also pasted his prime but i still cant wait to see him and lidell FINALLY fight.

i didnt catch the alexander fight but i was hoping Sakara whooped his ass but of well, his has heavy hands but after the fight when rogan interviewed him he was breathing very hard and seemed gassed, if he wants to be in title contention he needs to develop better cardio.

Bisbing vs. Hamil was disappointing also Bisbing looked lik he gassed kinda early and Hamil just kept pressing him, i was rooting for Bisbing but Hamil was robbed for sure.

Handerson and Rampage was the best fight of the night i was surprised it went the distance, but both of them had a real good showing...

sorry for the rant but im a huge MMA fan and i had to vent a little...

-Rob

i agree with punkt71 houston alexander looks like a beast he has had great showings. jardine got knocked out so it sucks to see him get a challange against chuck. chuck should k o him, he's not taking chuck down. the alexander liddel fight would be awesome. like rogan said, henderson would be awesome in the 185 class, aderson silva is a beast i love franklin but that dudes is awesome. some exciting stuff coming up for MMA fans. thank god for dana white stepping it up

Only saw the cro cop fight and was pretty disappointed but I didn't like how Kongo got away with kicking him in the nuts so many times. Even in round 2 it looks like Kongo threw some strong knee's to them as well as the double shot in round 3. I guess I will need to DL the whole thing so I can see the other fights, hope they were better at least.

i wanted CroCop to win. he looked good in the first round and i think his ground game was a little better, but he got his ass kicked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. guess that loss really got in his head. he's one of my favorites, but i don't see him coming back strong.

Hamill was bad ass and i think he should've taken that fight. i think it was biased. maybe cause it was in bispings home town.

i kinda wanted Dan henderson to win. i don't like rampage cause he beat Liddell. hahaha. but he's earned my respect and he is damned funny in interviews... and yeah, you can tell dan gassed. and wtf was up with that lazy ass spinning back kick?

houston alexander is bad ass too. fast KOs. i'm glad he beat jardine. i dont like him. hahaha. and as much as i like Liddell, i think he would beat the shit outta chuck. if chuck beats jardine, he should fight alexander next for a #1 contender spot.

i seriously hope Fedor signs on to UFC. i'd like to see how good he'd be. i think randy has a chance.

I was dissapointed at last night fights they all left a little more to be wanted, alls i can say is that im glad it was free... Crocop had a terrible showing, Congo did exactly wat he had too and he brought it straight to crocop an didnt let off. i told a friend before the fight started that i think CroCop is past his prime and that knock out that Gonzaga give him would definately plague his mind during the fight and i think it did because i'v seen him dominate fighter that were definately as big as Congo and yesterday that wasnt the same crocop. that is wat i fear in Wanderlei beening signed to the UFC he's a monster but he is also pasted his prime but i still cant wait to see him and lidell FINALLY fight.

i didnt catch the alexander fight but i was hoping Sakara whooped his ass but of well, his has heavy hands but after the fight when rogan interviewed him he was breathing very hard and seemed gassed, if he wants to be in title contention he needs to develop better cardio.

Bisbing vs. Hamil was disappointing also Bisbing looked lik he gassed kinda early and Hamil just kept pressing him, i was rooting for Bisbing but Hamil was robbed for sure.

Handerson and Rampage was the best fight of the night i was surprised it went the distance, but both of them had a real good showing...

sorry for the rant but im a huge MMA fan and i had to vent a little...

-Rob

you know, now that you said that, i think you are right about crocop. all three of his fights, he came in looking unmotivated and didnt look as intense as he did in pride. with all the hype people build up for him, he probably comes into his fights overconfident. remember his fight with Aleksander Emelianenko? i think he was as tall as kongo and Crocop still highkicked him. from what i've followed in MMA forums (i'm also a big fan), Crocop came over for the $$$. and to add to my post, i think Liddell is past his prime too, but it would be good to see him KO jardine, and to see him finally fight wanderlei.

I think its going to be a long time before Cro Cop fights in the UFC again... and he will because he signed up for i think 1 or 2 more fights in his contract.. unless they just void it and pay him anyways without fighting. Cro Cop doesnt look like he wants to fight anymore.. look at the way he came out for the Kongo fight.. his head looking down a lot, his body language wasnt the same as the previous UFC/Pride/K1 fights it looked like he had already thrown in the towell before he even stepped in the cage. He will be back.. but who knows when.

As for Fedor... Randy wouldnt have a chance.

Best thing they did was buy Pride!

im pissed i didnt get to see it, i had to work :shakehead:

Well said, Mirko definately disappointed. I figured he'd come back with a point to prove more. My thoughts exactly about hamill and bisping. Everytime I looked up it seemed, hamill took bisping down and controlled the whole fight. Hamill got screwed on that one!