Golf Carts

kelleyperformance

as im sure some of you have seen one of my carts lurking in the background of many of my pictures, i am constantly modding this thing..... i guess i have some kind of speed addiction. every moving object i have isnt stock, and i always want them to all go faster LOL. anywho, i was just wondering if there are any electric vehicle guru's in here, im fairly new to it all.

my setup is a club car chasis and body, painted corvette laser blue (by yours truley :D ). it has a high torque 36 volt motor, much larger controller, mostly 0 gauge wire, and of course its being powered by 48 volts. its got an 8" lift kit, pretty easy to install. 24" all-terrian tires on 13" ITP wheels. wood dash, billet crap everywhere, and yes, of course, a power inverter- powering a 10" sub, and two 6.5" clarion components with an alpine head unit. jl four channel runs them all. in the neighboorhood, and in ocean reef (club in key largo) i have yet to be defeated. she does 37 mph on GPS, and yes, it takes like 200+ feet to stop it from that speed LOL. anybody made an electric "golf cart" go faster? (not like an all-terrian buggy like chases)

i wanna build another cart, club car. but i wanna make it a race cart, 6 12 volt deep cycles, maybe optimas. that would give me 72 volts, into a 36 volt motor. i know for a fact that it will break 40, and im thinking of going with 13s and lowering it, with really low pro tires with the high torque motors. i bet i could even do a burnout, that would be hilarious LOL!

so id smoke all the lights, put HIDs in for fun, lower it like 3 inches, and of course a crazy paintjob, and no roof. custom seats too.... hmm im liking this idea :rolleyes: i think i found next months project :jester:

i had a golf cart before my rhino and for the money you can put into it it wasnt worth it to me. so i sold it and got a rhino which is alot more fun and comes with more. not trying to burst you rbubble but once you get in on youll never look back. the new polaris razor seems to be the new hot thing though. can you say 800 fuel injected. but i hardly ride my rhino anymore. but if you like jumping stuff and hauling ass look into one. the aftermarket for them is pretty big.

chase-i have a desiel cart, 4wd, locking diffs, goes 40.... serious machine and great offroad. thats up at my buddys farm, the reason i go electric is i have to. the ocean reef club only allows electric carts, and i go there alot. when i travel down to key largo by boat, its my transportation for days someitmes lol. so its gotta be pimpin lol. and yes, it does have SSS ss emblems on it :jester:

that rhino is sick mine isnt anywhere near that. id like to do th elong travel kit but its expensive. like 5k expensive. but the new rhino is supposed to be out soon. so ill wait and see what happens.

yea long travel is insane $$ wise....but it makes it so bad ass. but yea i cant wait till the new ones come out.....

At the children's camp I work at we have Yamaha gas powered carts... I really don't know any specs about them, except that when you bypass the governor, well, you go reallllly fast... I may or may not have been clocked by a police officer along the main hedge of our camp going 36mph...

I've stayed at the Ocean Reef Yacht Club a couple of times and it was great. We were there the night before hurricane Andrew and they called the room at like 1:00 in the morning and said everyone should leave the island. I modded my brothers golf cart with the 6" lift kit, big nobby tires and wheels, new mud fenders, wheel spacers, overhead wood grain stero console kit, wood grain dash kit and a steering wheel that would light up in different colors. He had it painted to match his camper. It was ridiculous but his kids loved it. Sorry, no pics.

ya like i said, rhino is an enitre other catagory. muuuuuch different lol. im talking carts that normally transport golfers from hole to hole, and making them go FASSSSSST lol. and yes, that rhino is SICK.

ill get pics soon. im thinking about putting chrome 15s on it, and taking the lift off and lowering my current one. its not a practical lift, i tried the cart in some rocks and a little mud and some traveling of the suspension.... didnt work out so well. id say of the many issues of trying to offroad a golf cart, the open rear diff is the first and biggest lol. but most dont even have enough torque to spin ONE wheel while its in the dirt. we did a burnout with a 24" mud tire lol, i need to get a video camera and start taking clips. my buddy has one of us, in an unintelligent state, jumping the cart off a pile of gravel. it got like 2 feet of air, it was hilarious. it did hurt pretty bad tho, and broke a few things lol. well worth the fun, and the video is from the ground, looked like a BMX flying thru the air LOL