Where Were You When.........

CoolBlueSS

I was home "sick" at the time. Had just moved into my new apt at the time and was watching the Today Show and enjoying my morning coffee. They were in commercial and came back suddenly saying that a "small aircraft, possibly private or commuter" had crashed into the WTC. as they were showing the tower from various angles, out from the right corner I saw a jet and said "what the hell is this guy doing? doesn't he see the smoke?" and then we all know what happened after that. I stood in the middle of my room for a good 10 min saying this is a f'n terrorist attack without moving. i got on my computer and IM'd and emailed everyone that I know in case they hadn't heard. by 11am, they were all out of work and at my place watching it on tv.

It was weird for the next few days cuz all you could hear and see were fighter jets circling the city. We found out later that the Days Inn that the hijackers stayed in was about a 1/4 mile from my apt.

in another story, my friend Matt was reading TODAY IN HISTORY in the paper that day. His bday is 9/11 and he said "nothing ever happens on my birthday". now he will never forget what did happen.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was working on a fire alarm system at the US Mint in Phila. When the Plans hit and we found out what was going on . The Mint want to lock down, So I was there for 8 hours or so ...........