Price Of The Ss

eestubbs104

I am looking to purchase my first Silverado SS :yellow_loser: . It is a 2005, Victory Red SS, with 16,000 plus mile. It looks and runs great. Everything is completely stock so there are no modification to this truck. The Dealer is asking $29,990.00. Is this a good price? :confused:

I will be trading my Silverado Z-71 in for this SS.

Nice truck - but IMO that's a bit high. You can get a NEW '07 SS Intimidator for $31K, I would put it's value more at around $26K. I was looking at Autotrader last night at '05 silver SSS's and on average they were $24K and the lower-mileage ones maybe $1000-1500 more.

Mr. P. :)

Nice truck - but IMO that's a bit high. You can get a NEW '07 SS Intimidator for $31K, I would put it's value more at around $26K. I was looking at Autotrader last night at '05 silver SSS's and on average they were $24K and the lower-mileage ones maybe $1000-1500 more.

:withstupid: but I think you meant 06 classic SS not Intimidator. But either way he is right I paid $31K out the door for my new 06 Intimidator. So I think its a bit high.

Hey Mr. P. thank you for the response. I did see the Intimidator at a local dealer. It was a 2006 CHEVROLET Intimidator SS with 10152 miles on it and they were asking $29995.00. But you say you can get a new one for around $31,000. Wow. It is only my preference, but I liked the SS because where I live, I would drive it all year round and we do occasionally get snow that demands a 4 X 4 or AWD. Thank for you feed back and I will use it to to bargain for a better price. The beauty is that I own a 2003 Silverado that is in excellent shape, but just has high miles.

That is a bit high for a used SSS. The miles are low which really helps. If it is an awd, they are likely holding their value better since they are no longer available that way. I'd try to get it for 26 or so.

Thank you Zippy. I have gotten a lot of good advice and recommendations, :yellow_loser:

But are you saying that the newer SS will not be available with 4 WD?

While that may be a little high, there are getting fewer low mile, clean SS's around for sale. Negotiate, remember you can always come up on your price if you have to. Good Luck. ;)

Thanks Steve. I am going to make them an offer and see where I can go from there. In the AutoTrader.com I have found 6 SS. There are 3 red ones, 1 blue one and 3 black. They are 1 2006, 1 2003 and 4 2004. All appear to be clean and well kept. Once again, thank for your reply.

Hey Mr. P. thank you for the response. I did see the Intimidator at a local dealer. It was a 2006 CHEVROLET Intimidator SS with 10152 miles on it and they were asking $29995.00. But you say you can get a new one for around $31,000. Wow. It is only my preference, but I liked the SS because where I live, I would drive it all year round and we do occasionally get snow that demands a 4 X 4 or AWD. Thank for you feed back and I will use it to to bargain for a better price. The beauty is that I own a 2003 Silverado that is in excellent shape, but just has high miles.

No prob - and don't think I was trying to push you to buying a SSI truck, I've got AWD myself and LOVE it, I wouldn't trade it for the world :driving: Good luck shopping, get what you want and I know you'll be able to purchase well, especially with some people getting scared with the economy right now is the time to buy.

Thank you Zippy. I have gotten a lot of good advice and recommendations, :yellow_loser:

But are you saying that the newer SS will not be available with 4 WD?

That is correct, 05' was the last year for front and rear driveshafts in an SS.