Silverado Thats Trying

palletyard

hate the headlight covers, dont like how the inserts on gril are white, wheels arent my taste

as for the whole SS badging going on. get over it, ppl been making clones for years!!!! if you have a real one great if you have an imposter fine. be happy with whaty ou have. its not going to take any value off your truck with him having badges.

i have SS decals on the truck but they are of the Camaro style lettering. I dont claim to be an SS just they match my bowtie and broke up the door some.

Edited by Quik (see edit history)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is you asked for our HONEST opinions and poeple gave them and so there is no need to get upset over it. I honestly hate to see SS emblems on vehicles that arent for one reason and one reason only and that is people try to sell trucks as SSS's to people at SSS prices to people who dont know the difference and maybe its there stupidity but either way its wrong. As for that truck i think its a great looking truck maybe a little too much white for my tatse but still a good lookin truck.

hate the headlight covers, dont like how the inserts on gril are white, wheels arent my taste

as for the whole SS badging going on. get over it, ppl been making clones for years!!!! if you have a real one great if you have an imposter fine. be happy with whaty ou have. its not going to take any value off your truck with him having badges.

i have SS decals on the truck but they are of the Camaro style lettering. I dont claim to be an SS just they match my bowtie and broke up the door some.

Thats pretty much the reason i had mine on there....they matched the bowtie..and the wheels...and broke up the door area...like you said..clones have been around for so long...Camaro SS's...Z/28's....ZL-1's....Hemi Cuda's...GTX's...440 6-pack cars...GT350's and 500's...the list goes on....my truck will never be worth anything to me but sentimental value..it was my first brand new vehicle...and as far ass the SSS's....they really wont either...new vehicles these days...even the "limited productions"...wont be worth much...i understand SSS owners not liking it and all...but the way i look at it is...the highest form of flattery is what?...impersonation....take it is a compliment...its definately not degrading you or your trucks...anyways..not ranting...jus throwing my opinion out there with the rest....and that white truck....is blah

Not bad, minus the SS emblems. I hate when people do that.

:withstupid:

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

ok but, what if this guy has the 6.0 just like you? and also happens to beat you in a 1/4? with a little or no mods..

i have an extended cab short bed LT3 with the same 6.0 and i would NEVER dream of adding ss emblems, front bumper, cladding, etc. its NOT an ss, and no matter what i add on to it, it still wont be. i mean if u think it looks better with a ss front bumper thats fine, but dont put the emblems on. you're not fooling anyone.

There are a lot of trucks that are faster than SSS's that are Chevrolets. But they didn't come across the assembly line with an SS badge on it, therefore its a poser. period.

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

the truck looks okay.....i would change the door handle to black though. it would help with the fake SS emblems on the side and blend them in a little better. make it not stick out like a sore thumb. if i were to try an make my truck in to a ss clone i still wouldn't put the badges on the side there. i know i am not an ss so why try and flaunt it. i know if i had it on there and some one said "nice SSS".........."it's not a real SSS". i know i would feel stupid. and besides.....did they ever make a green SSS? :yellow_loser:

well first off i would like to say thanks for the comments everybody.. but im not trying to fool anybody. everybody and there grandmother know that g.m. did not make a ss in 99-02 body style! i just love the ss look!!! and im not done with my truck... i know who is! but im a father of three and married and with a crap load of bills.. slowly but surly i will get there. i know that one day i will end up as a featured truck. i have a 6.0 sitting in my garage from a wrecked 2002 escalade and tranny. cant wait until my motor decides to take a dump. anyways i'm sorry if i made anyone!!!!! i mean anyone mad. :cheers:

post-11868-1190044585_thumb.jpg

They didn't make them from 99-02 but they did make a limited edition in the 88-98 body style.. LOL

this one is my old truck.

HPIM0851.jpg

HPIM1140.jpg

HPIM1136.jpg

Those pics days before installing speed grilles on main grille and bumper. Never got around to taking pics with speed grilles on.

They didn't make them from 99-02 but they did make a limited edition in the 88-98 body style.. LOL

HPIM0851.jpg

HPIM1140.jpg

HPIM1136.jpg

Those pics days before installing speed grilles on main grille and bumper. Never got around to taking pics with speed grilles on.

that is f**************************kin sick great looking truck to bad you got rid of that beauty! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

HPIM0851.jpg

HPIM1140.jpg

HPIM1136.jpg

That is awesome!!!! Can I ask you did to that truck and how much it cost you? I might have a spare '91 laying around to play with and I'd LOVE to make it look like that!!!...