Some Good , Some Bad News

i agree about the d shafts. but honestly has any awd truck broken one yet? reason being as long as they are balanced then i should be fine, with the awd the t case to rear diff has a short d shaft and the one up front is even shorter. i think the front one would cause more problems than the rear if it were to break. but in all honesty if this trans does decide to break again im probably going to park the truck and save for an 80e swap with custom shafts.

so we will see what happens.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really read the whole post yet, but most of it. I figured you'd have to have the converter restalled at least once. It's good to see you sticking with the 65E. Did you see the 11.8 over at PT.Net with the 65E. :) Many hate that trans, I love it. I really like seeing guys that go to the 80E when they aren't even close to being faster than the next guy with a 65E. Both can be broken, one is just cheaper to fix, is lighter, and has less parasitic drag. As for the driveshaft issue, the SS's come with the aluminum rear shaft which helps a ton. The 2wd's have the 2 piece shaft which also helps (I've been in a VHO at 143 and felt safe). I hope to see some good numbers soon Chase. I like your truck and what you've done with it. I wish I was there to tinker with it with you. I want to get some numbers from Frank's soon.

im thinking the converter will be here friday . but maybe the following week. so thats the last thing im waiting on , the input shaft will be here the first part of this week. and i got all of my mods i was waiting for until the dyno. so as soon as i get it back on the road again , ill be tearing down the blower/alt bracket to get polished and pulling the w.p to get polished. then the new mod will be easier to install once i have this stuff removed. so im hoping for mid november to have it dynoed. then dec 1st his the track.

dam that a long time to be down. But you have to do it right.

yeah thats why i got another car to drive daily this truck just isnt reliable. i think i shoul dinvest in a dam tow truck.

sorry to hear about your tranny, I was wondering how it was lasting as long as it did.

I say just put a built 4L80 and never have to worry about it again.

Mark

like i said if it breaks again , im going to consider it, but in all honestly i made the last one last longer than anyone expected.

keep your swap well documented as to what is needed and what has to b edone with speed sensors and the tables in the tune . i may need them .

well some good news, i got the parts to re assemble the trans today , billet out put shaft and i honestly dont know what the hell the other part is

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

not to mention my converter was fixed and re stalled for free. all i had to do was pay shipping

shoul dhave the truck back and running by monday or tuesday.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

well some good news, i got the parts to re assemble the trans today , billet out put shaft and i honestly dont know what the hell the other part is

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

not to mention my converter was fixed and re stalled for free. all i had to do was pay shipping

shoul dhave the truck back and running by monday or tuesday.

Killer man - I finally got my output shaft too, what a pretty piece (btw the other bit is the reaction tube). We reassembled my 4L60 last night after work; I didn't get home until 3am but by god I had my tranny in the trunk! Tonight = slap that biatch back into place where it belongs. :smash:

Mr. P. :)