Traitor In The Family

smoke03

my brother-in-law just traded a nice 2003 Chevrolet 1500 Z71 in for a brand new Toyota Tacoma. (and whats worse is its a V-6). I feel so betrayed, How would you guys deal with such a stab in the back? :banghead: Good retail value he says. Great fuel economy he says...this just just plain UNAMERICAN!

My brother in law owns a Tacoma, my father in law owns a Tundra and my mother in law owns an Avalon. All three own Toyota's and can't see why I don't want to drive one as well. My father in law gives me shit that his truck is a real truck and mine is not, so I tell him "mine will go 147 mph and that's real enough for me". At least my other brother in law owns a Chevy truck.

my brother-in-law just traded a nice 2003 Chevrolet 1500 Z71 in for a brand new Toyota Tacoma. (and whats worse is its a V-6). I feel so betrayed, How would you guys deal with such a stab in the back? :banghead: Good retail value he says. Great fuel economy he says...this just just plain UNAMERICAN!

I think he (or you) meant to say resale value, correct?

I don't quite understand someone saying how it has better resale value -- it may be higher, however, you pay more for the truck initially. It seems to me, if you spend $5000 more for a truck up front, and it's worth only $1500 more than a comparable chev in 5 years... you lost $3500, didn't you?

I think he (or you) meant to say resale value, correct?

I don't quite understand someone saying how it has better resale value -- it may be higher, however, you pay more for the truck initially. It seems to me, if you spend $5000 more for a truck up front, and it's worth only $1500 more than a comparable chev in 5 years... you lost $3500, didn't you?

...yeah my bad...i meant to say RESALE...sorry guys