Traitor In The Family

smoke03

i dont see the big deal. toyota's made in the us. silverado's are made in mexico and canada. toyota's have a far better rating for resale and repair record as a whole than any american made brand. heck my wife and i bought a honda accord as a second car since there isnt a us made car (gm/ford/dodge) that even comes close to having a better resale and repair record. had any one of the big three made a nice reliable v6 front wheel drive car we would be driving that around.

hopping down from the soapbox.

Toyotas are not "built" in the U.S., they are assembled in the U.S.

very true. so which is more american? a car assembled in america with parts from japan and america or a car assembled in mexico with parts from the us? good debate i think.

And look at how the employees that work for "Toyota North America" are treated. They are globalizing just as the United States has in the past, looking for cheaper wages, and they found them in the United States. I wouldn't piss on a Toyota if it were burning in my driveway, much less any other Japanese car, regardless of where it was assembled.

very true. so which is more american? a car assembled in america with parts from japan and america or a car assembled in mexico with parts from the us? good debate i think.
You're right, it would/is a good debate. Personally, I think produced here, and assembled in Canada/Mexico. That puts alot more Americans to work, because all of the raw materials to build the vehicle are produced/built here. Not to take anything away from the Japs. They are the kings of efficiency. I think GM, Ford, and Chrysler could learn a few things from them.