Turbo Manifold- Front Mount

Top quality system. It does it well. And it will support 1000 hp on a well built motor.

I went with the Turbonetics T-76 turbo. I can get 15-25 psi out of it, but my motor won't handle it. I have it set at 12psi. I have searched and the pipng is top quality as well as the welding. I got mine hotcoated for extra security. I will let you know how it runs when I pick it up this weekend.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I might consider just buying the kit since everyone seems to have nothing bad to say about it. It would be nice to just take a few hours and bolt everything up rather than taking like a week for me to fab everything up and run into a bunch of setbacks and stuff like usual. I definitely will be making my own piping and throwing an intercooler up front cause running a turbo without one just doesnt seem right. Its gonna be a little longer before I have the $4K for the kit than it would to peice it together but Ill keep everyone posted when i finally get something going. I miss the sound of a turbo under my hood

Cool, I might consider just buying the kit since everyone seems to have nothing bad to say about it. It would be nice to just take a few hours and bolt everything up rather than taking like a week for me to fab everything up and run into a bunch of setbacks and stuff like usual. I definitely will be making my own piping and throwing an intercooler up front cause running a turbo without one just doesnt seem right. Its gonna be a little longer before I have the $4K for the kit than it would to peice it together but Ill keep everyone posted when i finally get something going. I miss the sound of a turbo under my hood

I built my own FMIC for mine. got probably 300 bucks into it with everything. Bought the 24 x 12 x 3 intercooler and 3in tube bends with couplers and clamps on ebay

I'll post some pictures when I get the truck back.

Spools pretty quick huh! I would like to know how it would run with a stock stall in there

I was thinking the same thing. I still have the stock one. It has very god driving manners right now. At a 30 punch, the tires break loose at 5 psi. I am running 10 psi on the high setting. At 12 psi I am running out of fuel, so I need a bigger Pump.

Jamest

I was thinking the same thing. I still have the stock one. It has very god driving manners right now. At a 30 punch, the tires break loose at 5 psi. I am running 10 psi on the high setting. At 12 psi I am running out of fuel, so I need a bigger Pump.

Jamest

I was running the stcok intank pump and started running out of fuel too, about 10-11 psi. I have since added a 255 inline booster pump and a meth kit. I need to jet down on the meth though since I running pretty rich like 10.4 a/f @ WOT.

I might pop the stock stall back in sometime to see how it feels and tows.

Jamest

Jamest all is well I see. Have you had a chance to dyno or go to a race track. Tried looking at the pics but they did not work out. You still thinking about efans, if so that will add about 20hp to the ground.:)

Drop a line sometime.

Rick

I saw the Trick turbo kit and it looks decent at best. The BOV and wastegate look like ebay specials, the turbo is ok but its not ball bearing, theres no more than $500 worth of stainless steel piping in there, and the worst part is the manifold design- it looks like it would flow like crap. I dont want to piss anyone off that has this kit- Im sure it would be a great setup- but imagine how much better it would be with a better flowing manifold, better turbo, an intercooler and real parts that dont come from china. I emailed them to see about getting just the manifold, crossover pipe, and downpipe and they wanted $2400 for it which I think is ridiculous...

Does anyone know if anybode else sells a turbo manifold for a 6.0L??? I doubt it- Ive been searching everywhere Ill probably end up making it myself. The crossover pipe and DP and easy. Im gonna do the piping for the intercooler too.

The only thing Im really not sure about is how to tune it- what kind of tuning options do I have? I want to get it dynotuned, but how am I supposed to hook up a laptop to it while its getting tuned to change the fuel and ignition settings? It was easy with my honda, I just plugged in a USB and did it. I dont really want to get a tune sent to me cause Ive done that before and it didnt work very good at all.

Heres what Im planning:

Turbonetics GT-K 650 turbo- $1600

intercooler/piping- $600

SS piping for crossover/manifold/DP- $500

BOV/Wastegate- $400

oil lines- $100

misc.- $500

tuning- $500 ???

fuel pump+ injectors- ???

So Ill probably end up spending about $5400, and I will have all the stuff I want, it will be more reliable, faster, look better, and best of all I can say I did it myself. Doesnt that sound like a better deal?

Turbocoop, sorry you did not like the pricing.

we use TurboSmart waste gates and blowoff not china ebay stuff, we use hose technique silicone, turbonetics turbos.

we stayed away from the BB turbo's, we feel they are just not needed in this application.

The Manifold will flow plenty and yields great spool and Hi HP potential with the right engine and turbo combo.

WE are gaining a good following for our quality and ease of installation.

I am all for someone that can build their own stuff. This is one of reasons we choose not to do a air/air intercooler.

Alot of people do not have the tools, or welding ability to put together a kit, much less the amount of time it takes. The time is usually the killer in these types of projects.

I hope your project works out for you. Keeps us posted.

Rick

Rick I have the stock gm E fans right now. I will see how they perform first. They were cheap, so I thoght I would try them first. If they don't I will be looking you up.

The Trick turbo is awesome. I have a wider power band and the turbo spools up so much faster than the STS. I have yet to run it down the 1320 or the dyno. I'd say 100 more hp with your system.

Thanks for asking.

Jamest

Jamest all is well I see. Have you had a chance to dyno or go to a race track. Tried looking at the pics but they did not work out. You still thinking about efans, if so that will add about 20hp to the ground. :)

Drop a line sometime.

Rick