Firepower!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P1010056Large.jpg

I have the same one in the middle. P220 stainless finish. Best hand gun I have fired to date IMO.

My list not including the Sig:

Remington 1187 12gauge (my deer and turkey gun)

Mossberg 20 gauge mag. with accuchoke (my bird / small game gun)

Remington .22 rifle (my "assult rifle", holds "plenty" of rounds. Commonly used with subsonic ammo to hit grounghogs in the backyard without disturbing the neighbors)

Remington 30-06 (my deer rifle, huge leuphold scope)

Unknown brand pellet gun (when I am bored and feel the need to harrass the squirrels gun, also for shooting down wasp / hornet nests on the shed at safe distances, used regularly)

Red Rider BB gun - yes the original. Had it when I was 10,...still do. Use it to let the groundhogs know to stay away from my shed (my shed is large enough to house 2 cars and all the lawn equipment BTW).

"You'll shoot your eye out" :crackup::P

:crackup: I was just going to buy one the other day so I could start teaching the kids how to be safe and shoot but they are expensive now. Red Ryder $35 I found a pump up one for $25 so I bought that one instead.

I have the same one in the middle. P220 stainless finish. Best hand gun I have fired to date IMO.

I have a P220 as well, only not stainless. I bought it when I turned 21 (quite a few years ago). It is my favorite pistol to shoot, but a tad large for everyday carry. I prefer my Walther PPK (.380) or Seecamp (.32) for that.

Mike

I have a P220 as well, only not stainless. I bought it when I turned 21 (quite a few years ago). It is my favorite pistol to shoot, but a tad large for everyday carry. I prefer my Walther PPK (.380) or Seecamp (.32) for that.

Mike

ya my dad has a walther ppk also his is the silver or chrome finish. now its time to get that out of storage and make sure hes safe.

oic. i will have to try it out for myself...anything about me not beign able to use this gun if i wanted to go skeet shooting...does barrel lenght affect range that much????

yes, i can still hit skeet with my short ass barrel but with a loner barrel i have a bette rhit ratio. for home defense you want short so youll get more spread. but if you plan to shoot slugs youll need a rifled barrel.

Only have one photo that I can think of, and it's not a very good one:

Wife's 9mm Custom Shop Sig 226.

firearm_1.jpg

We've also got...

Springfield XD .40

Remington 870 Express

Remington 870 Wingmaster

Mossberg 590 A1

Western Field .410

Marling 983 .22 Win. Mag

Soon to add H&K USP and a rifle or two

yes, i can still hit skeet with my short ass barrel but with a loner barrel i have a bette rhit ratio. for home defense you want short so youll get more spread. but if you plan to shoot slugs youll need a rifled barrel.

You only "need" a rifled barrel if you don't use rifled slugs. I shoot rifled slugs out of mine all the time and have no issues at all and absolutly no damage to the barrel. The main reason home defence guns have a short barrel is to make them lighter and easier to manuver the spread isn't gonna matter much when your shooting at someone across the room or down a hallway because you gonna hit them and if you don't you were probably facing the wrong way. I wouldn't use slugs for home defense because you will probably mis since it recoils much harder than anything else.

Edited by Jonmalibuss (see edit history)

I go grouse hunting with my 20" military shotgun. I limited out (6 birds) with 6 shots last time I took it out. I don't have any problems hitting stuff. If you were shooting pro skeet, you'd want something different.

You can shoot slugs out of a smooth bore. I usually load mine with a number 4 buckshot, followed by a 00 buckshot, followed by a saboted 1 ounce slug. Repeated three times for a total of 9 rounds. This is in case I encounter a bear while camping.

The shorter barrel is much better for home defense. Those skeet guns have 28" long barrels or something ridiculous like that. Makes it a bit hard to clear a house going room to room with a 5 foot long shotgun.

Mike

P.S. stay away from the 3" magnum slugs, especially if you only have a pistol grip. It's like getting hit in the palm with a 2x4.

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)