Sss Vs Srt4

00silverad0

Was coming home today and saw a black SRT4 that was goosin it in traffic next to me. I started following him and he turned off. Just wondering for those of you who have had an encounter and ran one , what was the result? I'm talking mostly stock SRT4 seeing as how they are a turbo car and about half the weight.

A stock SRT4 will decimate a stock SSS. They run around 14 flat in most cases. Stage II's will get low 13's and there some seriously modded SRT4's out there that are capable of mid 11's and even high 10's with extensive work. They are light, small, forced induction cars. Now, a Radix SSS will take a stock SRT4 and do very well against most you will run accross on the street.

Was coming home today and saw a black SRT4 that was goosin it in traffic next to me. I started following him and he turned off. Just wondering for those of you who have had an encounter and ran one , what was the result? I'm talking mostly stock SRT4 seeing as how they are a turbo car and about half the weight.

Had no idea they were that fast. According to Wikipedia:

Performance

Power: SAE 215 hp (2003 model), 230hp (2004-2005 models) The '03 models did not have the updated injectors that come with the mopar stage 1 upgrade.

Torque: 245 ft·lbf @ 2400-4400 rpm (2003 model), 250 ft·lbf @ 2400-4400 rpm (2004-2005 models)

0-60 time: 5.3 seconds (Car & Driver)

Rev Limiter/Redline: 6000

1/4 mile time: 13.8-14.2 seconds (various magazine reviews)

1/4 mile speed: 98-103 mph (various magazine reviews)

Top speed: Manufacturer claims a top speed drag limited to 156mph, although many enthusiasts have claimed Mopar Stage 0 through 2 have been able to exceed 160mph with some modifications and there have been many stage 3 capable to around 173 mph[2].

Had no idea they were that fast. According to Wikipedia:

Performance

Power: SAE 215 hp (2003 model), 230hp (2004-2005 models) The '03 models did not have the updated injectors that come with the mopar stage 1 upgrade.

Torque: 245 ft·lbf @ 2400-4400 rpm (2003 model), 250 ft·lbf @ 2400-4400 rpm (2004-2005 models)

0-60 time: 5.3 seconds (Car & Driver)

Rev Limiter/Redline: 6000

1/4 mile time: 13.8-14.2 seconds (various magazine reviews)

1/4 mile speed: 98-103 mph (various magazine reviews)

Top speed: Manufacturer claims a top speed drag limited to 156mph, although many enthusiasts have claimed Mopar Stage 0 through 2 have been able to exceed 160mph with some modifications and there have been many stage 3 capable to around 173 mph[2].

Wow who says speed costs

i've raced 2 of them one on the highway and one from a stop light and beat each one, but I'll tell you what, they're decent looking and for the price you can't beat them. Much cheaper then an Evo or STI and a great car to start with for upgrades. They're one of the cars I look to race all the time, you never know how fast i'll be....

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)