Buick Grand National

eddieo818

well due to the fact that my dealer is taking so long with my tbss order im gonna go take a look at two 1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONALS. should i wait for the tbss or just get myself this classic ( not like TBSS AND SSS WONT BE CLASSICS)

I've had 2 turbo Buicks (85 T-Type & 87 GN), and loved them. I want another one. Definitely fun and spooky cars. Nice smooth idle with A/C on, drive it to the track getting 20+ MPG, rip off some 11s in the 1/4, and drive it home. Freaks people out when they get their V8 ass handed to they by a little V6.

A couple weeks ago, I was at our local 1/8 mile strip when a young spanish guy with his two young sons pulled in with a pretty rough looking black GN, changed rear tires, left the exhaust stock, and went out and turned 7.80's. After several runs, he put his street tires on and left. I didn't talk to him to see what had been done to the car. It sounded like it was stock. There was also a red Cobalt SS, he was running 8.70's. He said he had change a pulley.

Edited by stevebbb (see edit history)

Why not be greedy and get them both i got a buddy up here in michigan that has 2 for sale one for 25k with 18k in motor work alone and one stock for 7500 usd the 25k one is a 10 second car on street tires

I wish i could get both but my money tree isnt that big yet, its either one or the other, im so bummed out because i wasnt able to go check out the GN's yesterday the G/F wanted us to spend the day together!?? So im gonna make sure nothing gets in my way today!! :devil:

A couple weeks ago, I was at our local 1/8 mile strip when a young spanish guy with his two young sons pulled in with a pretty rough looking black GN, changed rear tires, left the exhaust stock, and went out and turned 7.80's. After several runs, he put his street tires on and left. I didn't talk to him to see what had been done to the car. It sounded like it was stock. There was also a red Cobalt SS, he was running 8.70's. He said he had change a pulley.
That's the cool thing about them. You can get one well into the 12s, even dip into high 11s occasionally, and never even pull a valve cover off.