Gatorback Belt

I just read through all the posts on the gatorback belt, and I'm gonna get one. Since I put my shift kit on its slippin when shifting. Just wondering about the part number. The Goodyear site gives 4060930 for the 145 alternator, not sure if thats what I have.

Also I saw a couple posts from WODY sayin he used 4060935 and got less whine. Just lookin for alittle guidance.

And should I get a pulley or tensioner while I'm at it?

you might have the 160 amp alternator if it matters.

you have a 145 amp imn pretty sure. the only thing that came with the 160 was the police package tahoe. the case is the same size though. the 105 has a smaller case than the 145 so a different belt size will be needed.

for belt size you can read the part # usually for actual legnth. say you need a 6 rib belt 110.5 inches long. the last numbers will read 61105

like for me i used a 114.5 inch belt so it will be 61145 for the last numbers.

Well wouldn't ya know I went to buy the belts and just got both of them for the hell of it. the 4060930 and the 4060935.

First I put the 4060935 on and it ran fine no whistle. So I decided to throw the 4060930 (reccomended from goodyear) on to hear this whistle everyone is talkin about...and nothin! There isn't any whistle, does it need to break in to hear it or somthin haha.

So I'm just gonna leave on the reccomended one that says 6.0L on it since it doesn't whistle. Didn't get any very good launches but it doesn't seem to slip either :thumbs:

i don't know but the 930 was really tight. i even tried a dayco belt to see if it was just the pattern on that gatorback but still the same whistle. oh well no chirp anymore.