Island Dragway Friday 11/9/07

well thanx again for the invite dan but im not gonna make it for the 9th... just too much goin on and no time to breathe, maybe some other time... hope every one has a good time, def would like to see some videos of the runs, good luck....

lata

joe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well thanx again for the invite dan but im not gonna make it for the 9th... just too much goin on and no time to breathe, maybe some other time... hope every one has a good time, def would like to see some videos of the runs, good luck....

lata

joe

Okay Joe, see you at the next one, keep your eyes open for posts for the next meet in the coming months!! :chevy:

What time is everyone plan on meeting?? and bouncing??

John, this track is literally 30 mins from my house. It's right by my college actually. If you really wanna go, you could follow me there and then bounce whenever you want to because you will have NO problem getting back home.

I've mentioned it before, but if any of you guys want to convoy to the track I'm gamed...

John, this track is literally 30 mins from my house. It's right by my college actually. If you really wanna go, you could follow me there and then bounce whenever you want to because you will have NO problem getting back home.

I've mentioned it before, but if any of you guys want to convoy to the track I'm gamed...

Ever travel 80 West during rush hour on a Friday from Parsippany to Hackettstown? Double your estimate of 30 minutes :ughdance:

Hey you will be east of where I am.........you can follow me back on the island that evening if you want. :driving: How close to Riverhead do you want to stay? There are a few good hotels in my area, the Islandia Marriot, the Bohemia Hilton Garden Inn, and the Marriot Courtyard in Ronkonkoma. Riverhead is 25-30 miles east of me. :chevy:

Honestly, i don't mind driving a while saturday morning. I've stayed in Greenport before (nice area) but looking for somthing on the south side of $300 per night. more like the 100-150 range would be nice but i don't want a shot motel. we'll talk. that would be great to follow you back though as i'm not real familiar with that area. most times i've been over there, i took my boat so the roads are a little hazey as to the best route.

Honestly, i don't mind driving a while saturday morning. I've stayed in Greenport before (nice area) but looking for somthing on the south side of $300 per night. more like the 100-150 range would be nice but i don't want a shot motel. we'll talk. that would be great to follow you back though as i'm not real familiar with that area. most times i've been over there, i took my boat so the roads are a little hazey as to the best route.

Yeah Greenport is way way out on the North Fork. Check the Islandia Marriot, beautiful hotel, not sure of the rates, located right on the LIE. Where in Riverhead do you have to go??

Matt, if you don't mind a little drive Sat. morning, the Sheraton in Parsippany is TOP NOTCH. I have stayed many nights there for conferences. Good bar, awesome indoor pool and ample rooms. You will have about a 30-45 minute drive from Island Dragway to this Hotel on Rt 80 in the direction you will need to go for Long Island. Considering that there will be minimal traffic on Sat morning, this may be a good option.

Sheraton Parsippany Link

It is right off the exit on rt 80 so there is no getting lost.

Ever travel 80 West during rush hour on a Friday from Parsippany to Hackettstown? Double your estimate of 30 minutes :ughdance:

Yes, Kevin, I have travelled route 80 during rush hour traffic. I go to Centenary College and have a 6 o'clock night class. I usually leave my house around 4:30 and always seem to make it to school in about 40 mins. So :P

:jester:

Yes, Kevin, I have travelled route 80 during rush hour traffic. I go to Centenary College and have a 6 o'clock night class. I usually leave my house around 4:30 and always seem to make it to school in about 40 mins. So :P

:jester:

:cheers: You crack me up. must be a TBSS thing. Curious as to what lane you travel in or are you one of those crazy jumpers who seem to find the "hole" in the traffic. :lol:

:P ...back at ya :jester:

:cheers: You crack me up. must be a TBSS thing. Curious as to what lane you travel in or are you one of those crazy jumpers who seem to find the "hole" in the traffic. :lol:

She's a crazy jumper, lolz..belive me, ive driven with her plenty of times for me to know this..haha :jester:

Anyway, ill see if i can make it, all depends on how i make out in court on the 7th

lol haha thanks, Kevin! And yes I am one of those crazy jumpers who always finds the "hole" in traffic! I like to "lead the herd in a herd" type of thing. Looking forward to seeing you and everybody else on the 9th! :driving: