Best truck mods??

:cool:

Ok guys I just bought my SS truck (03) black to go with my (1969) black ss chevelle with a 496ci 4-speed.

Looking for the best bolt on speed stuff.

exhaust, cold air, chips etc....

What do these run in stock form?

What could I expect from bolt on's?

Looked into a eaton supercharger from my local GM dealer but was not avaliable yet.

Tom

As far as the supercharger goes, skip the dealer and go to Magnacharger. The Radix kit for the SS is great :thumbs: Add some custom tuning and you will probably have all you need... well, ok, you can never have enough power, but you get the idea. :D

I think, unless you plan to produce really big hp numbers, you don't need to go much further than headers and a high flow muffler. Other than the cats, I think it's a pretty good flowing system for a stock truck being true dual all the way to the muffler. You may benefit from some cutouts for the track, however.

According to the 3vperformance web site, which is listed in their signature...

"Welcome to 3VPerformance.com home of one of the most successful high performance racing engine builders and high performance parts suppliers in motorsports today."

Is this a way for them to get some free advertising? If they are the "home of one of the most successful high performance racing engine builders and high performance parts suppliers in motorsports today." Shouldn't they know about high performance mods?

Just a thought for the moderators....

Is this a way for them to get some free advertising? If they are the "home of one of the most successful high performance racing engine builders and high performance parts suppliers in motorsports today." Shouldn't they know about high performance mods?

AUTOGUY

:cool:

All I was doing was letting everyone know that any input I may add to any of these posts was a tried and tested response. That I do have some experiance BUT only in carburators. I have no experiance in computers or fuel injection.

Not a quest for free advertising. :devil:

Just looking for good tried and tested input for my truck from what I think is a good site and a great bunch of people.

Tom

• 1 month later...

Archived