Macbook Pro 17"

usabodyguard

ok... somewhere down the line, apple in its infinite wisdom decided to release some software updates and now my 17" macbook pro is acting f'd up and it is slow... lags hard and I am seriously considering taking this computer to the gun range and unleashing my arenal of firearms upon it....

:M16:

anyone know if there are any work arounds? I would re-install the OS but i have about 6k in software on this bitch and I would lose them all...

(loading .45 now)

same crap hapened to me last night, I passed out around 1:30 this morning and left my laptop on, and I woke up to find that Windows took it upon itself to download a software update with out my permission and restarted my computer on its own, the funny thing was that I was in the middle of an important e-mail when I passed out and now I don't remember how I replied to it.... :banghead::fume::mad:

my laptop is gonna have an accident if this happens again :crazy::M16::smash:

ok... somewhere down the line, apple in its infinite wisdom decided to release some software updates and now my 17" macbook pro is acting f'd up and it is slow... lags hard and I am seriously considering taking this computer to the gun range and unleashing my arenal of firearms upon it....

anyone know if there are any work arounds? I would re-install the OS but i have about 6k in software on this bitch and I would lose them all...

(loading .45 now)

You can reload the OS without harming your Software... When Installing the OS again Select clean install and it will install a new system folder, leaving you a prievous system folder where you can move anything you need from your programs to the new system folder. After you reload go to your preferences and Uncheck Auto update and this will never happen again unless you want to manually. Sometimes computers Blow But Macs Definitly Blow less

Peace

umm... Dave. if you blast thru it at the range, won't you still be losing the 6k worth of software in it?

ehh, screw it. who am I to be the voice or reason? i just smashed my cell phone the other day.

not to sound antagonistic.. but i seem to know how to build a machine that doesnt crash.

some of my personal rules about any computer.. never install software , or OSes, in their default locations.

never install software you didnt legally pay for

keep your AV, anti spyware, anti adware, anti malware up to date, use 3 or 4 versions of those types of tools and run them once a week.

never go to places on the web you wouldnt want your granny to see.

mine never break following those simple rules.

Okay, what part of "loading .45 now" didn't you guys understand? Do not antagonize the big guy with the Silvy having computer issues. Back slowly and carefully away from your computer and go get Mr. P...quick!!

my 15" crashed back in june. i backed up my files cuz i knew it was on its way out. then i bought a new hard drive and installed it. in the mean time i bought a new macbook 13" for my vacation to iowa so now i have two lap tops and the 15" powerbook works perfect. just back up your shit and you'll be good to go now matter what.