Wrecked The Ss

TAR 71

Trucks are replaceable... People aren't. Glad to hear that you made it out ok. Things could have been really bad. 74mph is a very deadly speed...

You're right, my wife has been so upset about this whole deal that she won't hardly let me out of her sight, neither will my kids. The truck just rolled 38k miles and it's loaded minus sun/moonroof and it doesn't have the auto climate control. What do you guys think it's worth?

Thanks again everyone!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The doctor's also said that they figured the reason I walked away basically unharmed was the fact that I was totally relaxed. I'm sure if I was all tensed up, I would have been hurt worse. The whole thing just seems surreal, almost like a bad dream. That is until I go out to my garage and see the only part of my truck is the pieces that I picked up earlier from the crash site and I realize that unfortunately it isn't a dream.

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed at losing my truck, but it's not the end of the world, although I couldn't say that last night. I'm pretty calm about it now, had time to think about what happened. I just want monday to get here so we can get it over with.

You're right, my wife has been so upset about this whole deal that she won't hardly let me out of her sight, neither will my kids. The truck just rolled 38k miles and it's loaded minus sun/moonroof and it doesn't have the auto climate control. What do you guys think it's worth?

Thanks again everyone!

I would think you should get at least 20k for it :dunno:

Well, last evening on my way to work just after 6 p.m.. I was on the interstate with my cruise set at 74 mph and went to take a drink of soda and got choked. I apparently must have blacked out because the next thing I know is that the airbag is in my face and having the sensation of being airborne. I ran off the road and hit a pile of dirt, logs and such that had come from a pond that was being worked on.

When I hit the pile of dirt( I assume anyway) the airbag went off and woke me up, all I could see was dirt and debris flying through the air and a hell of alot of noise. The pile sent me airborne and the truck landed nose down on the embankment of the pond and then off into the pond( the pond was empty) where the nose struck bottom. I finally came to rest about 100 ft or so out in this empty pond, the pond is a good 15 ft deep. I'm lucky it didn't roll over, the pond embankment is very steep.

I walked away without a scratch, other than a headache and a sore neck. The truck is another story, the frame is bent just behind the cab and it looks as though the front end is bent up and towards the pass side. Underneath the front looks bad also, everything is pushed back. Front bumper cover was wiped out, everything underneath the front end looks bent up.

I'm so pissed right now, I can't hardly stand it. The main thing is that no one got hurt, but I feel terrible that I bent up my truck. I'm lucky that I went to the right off the road and not left towards oncoming traffic. I won't know anything really until Monday when the adjuster from the insurance company looks at it. This is going to be a long weekend waiting to see what is going to happen with it.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, but I had to get this off my chest. I'll post pics when I get some decent ones, the only pics I have are from my cell phone. They are kinda dark and blurry.

Thanks,

Tim

hey tim glad to hear your ok...as far as you walking away without a scratch wow i guess theres nothing like good ol american built trucks :chevrolet::chevrolet: ...

Glad ur still with us fellow trucker! :eek: I would start searching Ebay, Autotrader, and the web for a replacement SS Silverado, at least that might help get ur mind of ur old truck and prepare u for what u should get for urs. There is that ALL new 2007 GMC AWD 6.2L 6-spd Denali too. LOL!!!

My prayers are with u reguardless.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Hate to say it... but be glad you were in your truck, cause if you were in some uni-body gas saver car, you would either be 6 feet under, or in the ICU. Depending on the state, you can get your truck rebuilt, even with a bent frame (usually get a new one), like Ohio already lists the SSS as either classical or histroical, can't remember which, cause of it low production volume.

Wow man thats sucks something bad. I can't even imagine what ur going through but hopefully they will total it cuz I don't know about you but once I've wrecked a few cars not on purpose but against deer (Mother Phockers!!!!!!!) and they never seemed the same afterwards. When I hit the deer in my s10 almost a year ago now I still think back to that night and still get really pissed off.

Thanks again everyone for the words of encouragement, I really appreciate it. I can't say enough about how well these trucks are built, I forgot to add earlier that when the tow truck arrived, he couldn't get close enough to reach the truck with a cable or strap. I went back into the pond and tried to see if it would start, it fired right up and I moved it closer to the embankment so he could reach it.

I was very surprised that it would run and move under it's own power. After he drug it out of the pond, he drove it up on the flatbed. He also drove into the building where it is being kept. After the beating it took and it still works... sort of. The main fact is that it protected me from serious injury :chevy:

As far as them fixing the truck with the frame damage, I'm not sure how it's going to work, IL is very anal about vehicles being fixed/rebuilt with extensive damage. Just looking at the truck, it doesn't look that bad, the sheet metal damage isn't real bad, but under it is bent up pretty bad.. The more I think about it and talk to other people, I don't think it's in my best interest to fix it. I think it would be a nightmare trying to get it right again, so I'm hoping they total it so I can move on to another truck. I think I would like to get another SS in black or possibly silver birch, but I want a 2whl drive instead of awd.

There only 5,199 SS's built in 2004 correct? Does anybody know how many of them were black?

Thanks again, you guys are great :thumbs:

There only 5,199 SS's built in 2004 correct? Does anybody know how many of them were black?

not sure on the numbers, but sounds to me like there is one less out there. :shakehead: best of luck in getting another one. popeye's red one looks pretty serious.... :smoker: