an easy kill

badaSSred04

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the ss is a decent looking truck but way underpowered for 40k,for 40 k it should beat a lightnings ass from the factory and it is about even with a 20k reg cab dakota R/T,chevy should have done more with the ss ,hopefully soon chevy will be in competition with dodge and ford .the new ssr as well is slow 15.9 with 300 horse ,srt10 45k high 12's.silverado ss 40 k high 14 low 15,what happend to "SS" ?

Well, for the 100th time, hardly anybody here paid 40k. Mostly everyone paid about 35k or less. Yes, chevy should've done more with the SS-we've all agreed on that already. The srt-10 is NOT I repeat NOT running high 12's. High 13's for 48K is more like it! Plus, with that, you don't get AWD, you don't get decent towing, you DEFINITELY DON'T get seating for 5! You also get like 8mpg. I've beaten a 5.9r/t with my 5.3 silverado. It was no big deal. Also, street and track surfaces are way different! There is way less traction on a normal highway than there is on a track. Basically, on the street, the SS will beat alot out there-especially if the road is even slightly wet. You find an srt-10, find an SS that will race, wait untill just after it rains, and watch the SS go! :chevy:

Just to add a comment about everyone saying about the 40k sticker price. When I was at the dealership I noticed that they had 5.3L z71 with leather stickered around 34kto36k. If you compare the price of the ss to the price of the z71 it falls in line. You have to figure in that it would cost you to get paint all one color. I hate the ugly chrome grills personally. It would cost extra for the 20's. And it would also cost you more money for the 6.0L if it was an option in the 1/2 ton extcab. Plus you are getting awd instead of the push button 4x4. So whats's 4k to 6k diff? Not much in terms of what you get compared to a similarly equiped z71. Exact numbers may be off but i don't care and you get the point.

No reason to compare the price of the ford and the dodge to the chevy. The lightning is what it is and the ss is what it is and the srt10 will still be a dodge. Would you go out and compare the difference in price between the viper and the z06? Is the difference in the performance worth the extra 30k? No But someone who likes the viper will still buy the viper and the same for the z06.

It snows where I live but the ss is still a truck therefore it still gets driven in the snow. Salt will wash off and in PA they have been known to dump the salt. And I respect my truck for its ability to drive well in the snow.

the ss is a decent looking truck but way underpowered for 40k,for 40 k it should beat a lightnings ass from the factory and it is about even with a 20k reg cab dakota R/T,chevy should have done more with the ss ,hopefully soon chevy will be in competition with dodge and ford .the new ssr as well is slow 15.9 with 300 horse ,srt10 45k high 12's.silverado ss 40 k high 14 low 15,what happend to "SS" ?

When I get my shift kit, stall converter and headers on, my grand total of performance modifications will be around $7,000. I paid $35,000 for the truck, add another $7,000 and that's $42,000 compared to the $45,000 srt-10. I guarentee that I will hand a stock srt-10 his "ASS" on the streets or on the track for less money. Plus my truck looks a hell of alot better, seats 5 people, and can perform Like an everyday truck on an everyday basis. Plus the srt- 10 is a standard cab truck that weighs over 5,000 pounds. Thats almost as much as the ss and we have an extended cab truck with all wheel drive and an automatic transmission.

As far as the ssr goes, who really cares about that anyway. I dont think Chevy came out with the ssr to compete with any srt-10's or vipers, that's what the z06 is for.

sport truck ran a 13.18 stock with the srt10,toss on some slicks and an actual good driver and low to mid 12's

if you notice the srt10 and lightning are both single cab trucks built only for speed and not comfort or looks. i wish chevy would have put a little more juice in the SS but they are still a hell of a lot better then anyother extra cab truck on the market. why pay $45k plus for a single cab truck (estimated price for the srt10) :confused::chevy:

Archived