an easy kill

badaSSred04

sport truck ran a 13.18 stock with the srt10,toss on some slicks and an actual good driver and low to mid 12's

Exactly. Professional driver and probably on a track. You won't find the average driver on the street pulling those times. With an SS, the times it throws at the track, is pretty close to what it'll do on the street with the awd.Find an srt-10 on the STREET that will pull even a low 13... :chevy:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...

my dad knows a guy thats a dealer he had quite a few ss's my dad buys fleet trucks off him every 4 years for his welding trucks i got mine for 28k just sayin i got a hell of a lot more of a truck then a lightning or a rt10 and payed under both pretty much even if you payed 35 you are still gettin alot more truck for the money imo just my .02 though

Based on my trip computer, my C3 was "limited" at 108...and I would guess the same for the SS. Not any more....was doing around 135mph just yesterday :D

That said.....if you are a Dodge owner and an RT fan...why are you here? Just to stir the pot?

When I get my shift kit, stall converter and headers on,  my grand total of performance modifications will be around $7,000.  I paid $35,000 for the truck, add another $7,000 and that's $42,000 compared to the $45,000 srt-10.  I guarentee that I will hand a stock srt-10 his "ASS" on the streets or on the track for less money.  Plus my truck looks a hell of alot better, seats 5 people, and can perform Like an everyday truck on an everyday basis.  Plus the srt- 10 is a standard cab truck that weighs over 5,000 pounds.  Thats almost as much as the ss and we have an extended cab truck with all wheel drive and an automatic transmission. 

As far as the ssr goes, who really cares about that anyway.  I dont think Chevy came out with the ssr to compete with any srt-10's or vipers, that's what the z06 is for.

well put. I only paid 29K for mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Not picking a side, but the Silverado is also a luxury truck and looks amazing. The joe gibbs silverado makes up for the SS performance. But but but Dodge is working on the drive shaft or somthing so that the SRT-10 can haul about as much as the SS, and it will gain a 10th of a second on the 1/4 or somthing. But the quad cab SRT-10 is a waste of money it is slower than the SS haha. sorry but on a serious note what other performance trucks can do very well in the snow and rain. :driving: okay I am done :flag: Oh and we can just stop talking about the Lightning because it is dead, come to think of it so is the 5.9 rt hmmmmm.

Archived