1/4 Mile Confusion

BreakYaNeckSS

so i hit the track sunday...only got one pass in... 13.15 @ 99....my 60' was 1.768 and RT was .719 so ihad a good launch and good 60' but after 3rd shes just stopped pulling, my Mods are in the Sig and are all installed...im gonna head back sunday night and take the tailgate off and remove the front headlight, and hopefully snag a good R/T on the tree to put me into the 12's..but other than that...does it seem right with the mods i have to be running the times i ran...may be she needs a retune...any advice boys..???

BYN

R/T .719

60' 1.768

330 5.250

1/8 8.234

MPH 80.75

1000 10.890

1/4 13.158

MPH 99.09

You might be seeing some late 3rd gear KR. Did you scan the run? Do you scanning software? Without that, it is nearly impossible to find the trouble spots. Your 60' looks really good, not a whole lot of improvement there. However, I would expect your mph to be about 2-3mph higher with the pulley you have and the LT headers. If you have 2*+ of KR throughout 3rd and you say it "stops pulling", that can cost you 1-2 tenths. Also, it would be interesting to see what your intake temps are in 1st vs 3rd gear to see how efficient your intercooling is.

well i need to hear from my performance shop if they ever return my call....see what they have to say, i took to the tracks last night for a few more runs but i didnt let it cool off after the 25 min ride up there so the best i did was a 13.2 @97...even when i ran sunday with a 13.1 it was warm....im gonna throw a few bags of ice in the blower right up untill i run...another thing i noticed is around 80MPH she starts to stutter really bad, thats around the same time it stops pulling....i hope its in the tuning i mean WTF its 2 tenths, it will make me a happier man if i can break it...

BYN

My opinions:

1. your times arn't really that bad. Pull out your subwoofers, tailgate, and spare tire and you'll be running 12.80's

2. stuttering does not sound good, either you are running lean, or the pcm is pulling alot of timing (kr). get that checked asap.

There must be some sort of tuning issue here. I run 13.7's with my mild set up and my 1/8 mile MPH is two MPH better. I think it is time for some serious logging to be done. You are .5 sec better than me but equal speed at the 1/4 mile. Sounds like a lot of timing being pulled at the 1/8 and on. Launch is good so the HP is there off the line.

CD

Mine didn't stutter at all when my converter was locking too early so I don't think that's it. Could KR be why my truck sounds so low to me on the track after the LT install? I have my sensor sensitivity turned waaaaay down to prevent false knock since I run race gas so I shouldn't be getting any.

I've got similar issues with my last 1/8 run. When I get the time I'm going to log lots of stuff and get my issues worked out. It's my fault I haven't gotten it fixed yet. I'll have lots of time for my truck starting next week.

try running a little more air pressure in the tires to get a bit of slip off the line. this works really well with awd trucks.

i've tried this numerous times and it really works. i get better time slips when i spin off the line. i usually air the tires up to around 55-60 lbs or so before i head to the track