Transfer Case Blues...

It does sound like BS to me. Get a second opinion. No one else to my knowledge on this board has had to shorten their driveshaft due to lowering the truck. How big of a drop do you have?

I don't know for sure since I prurchased it already lowered. It is pretty low however.

truck.jpg

Edited by Low03SS (see edit history)

my truck isnt lowered. That drop looks like a 3/4 but could be a lil more. I dont think that much of a drop would effect it that much but I could be wrong. When they pulled the yoke out of the transfer case. did it have a groove wore in it?

my truck isnt lowered. That drop looks like a 3/4 but could be a lil more. I dont think that much of a drop would effect it that much but I could be wrong. When they pulled the yoke out of the transfer case. did it have a groove wore in it?

I did not see the yoke. We will see what the next dealership says.

Well, I went to pick up the truck and had a lengthy discussion with the service manager. He tried to blame it on several things, suspension sag, lowering etc. They stated that they polished the outside of the yoke the last time to make sure there was nothing on it but obviously this did not help. I mentioned the issue that started this thread and emailed him some of the comments/suggestions. End result, they are going to look at the transfer case tomorrow to see if they can determine the cause. I purchased the extended warranty so it should be covered but we will see. I called another dealer in town and they thought that the story sounded like BS so if this current dealer gives me any more hassle, I'm taking it out of there and letting the other dealer look at it.

Thanks for the information and I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Edited by Low03SS (see edit history)