D-max Drag Truck

Jonmalibuss

Hey Jon, was this the truck that you all put the Art Morrison back half in? Just wondering cause I'm lookin at getting one for my '56 here really soon...finally got the money together :D

No sorry it's not the same truck that was one of our 90's 454 trucks that we were gonna do that to but havn't gotten to doing it yet.

This is a Don Ness chassis that was built back when they used to run the prostock trucks This is an old Pinella truck and only has a few passes on it before we purchased it.

BTW we just took the record for the worlds fastest full bodied diesel truck. Our next goal is to take the worlds fastest diesel period!

Banks is big on keeping the smoke down.

sweet, I wanted to play with diesels...too bad its just with my ford tractor:)

Correct, Dr Performance used to hold the record for the worlds fastest diesel truck at 8.31 and we first took it with an 8.30 then backed it with and 8.22 and then an 8.21 and the best part is they were there in Vegas to watch us take it from them. Dr Performance's truck smokes like a train and we are thinking they blew their engine on their second run because they blew flames out their exhaust which is not possible with a diesel unless you run propane which they said they weren't but that they decided to stop running their truck after that run. :yellow_loser:

With a 1.18 short time getting a little sideways off the line, I can definitely the times dropping in the future. I thought it looked a LOT like the old ProStock Trucks! Those were awesome to watch.

Techinally this isn't the fastest diesel truck, but it is definitely up there around the quickest. Probably the fastest diesel drag truck. The 200mph "Sidewinder" from a couple years back holds the "fastest" title. Now if you took this truck and changed the gearing, I'm sure it would be close to catching your other one.

This is a very impressive truck for sure! What does it weigh in at? How much of what has been done with the engine could be done to a street diesel that actually tows and stuff?

With a 1.18 short time getting a little sideways off the line, I can definitely the times dropping in the future. I thought it looked a LOT like the old ProStock Trucks! Those were awesome to watch.

Techinally this isn't the fastest diesel truck, but it is definitely up there around the quickest. Probably the fastest diesel drag truck. The 200mph "Sidewinder" from a couple years back holds the "fastest" title. Now if you took this truck and changed the gearing, I'm sure it would be close to catching your other one.

This is a very impressive truck for sure! What does it weigh in at? How much of what has been done with the engine could be done to a street diesel that actually tows and stuff?

Yeah but thats a completely different class of truck. Our Dakota weights over 5k and isn't built to drag race it's made for top speed and thats it. Our drag truck weighs right around 2700lbs. We already have the gearing worked out in the truck just before we went to Vegas, now we just have to dial in the chassis and make a few other changes. Once we can get it to hook up we shal be in the 7's easily.

Once were done with our actual drag engine I think the plan with this one is to put it in one of our street trucks.