Recommended Radar Detector?

NashSS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 for V1...I was on a road trip on interstate 16 here in GA and as soon as it went off I hit the odometer reset because I wanted to see how far away he was. Well, lets just say that I passed him while he was sitting in the median pointed straight at me at 1.2 miles. There was another time that I did the same thing while on a local road and I passed the officer at .8 miles while he was in traffic traveling towards me in the opposite lane. I am also ticketless with my V1. I love this thing! and that reminds me, I am going to check for updates for mine.

:withstupid: Sometimes the range of the V1 is annoying... I will be going to down the highway and it'll chime for 20-40 seconds before I see the patrol car... Thankfully there's that nice little "quite" button that bumps the chime down to the lower volume level...

• 2 weeks later...

Radar detectors may be okay for highway use, but on backroads, you're probably going to get hit by laser and there's nothing you can do for that. I find being in the right lane as much as possible and hiding behind 18 wheelers when going up hill to be much more effective. I like to run the road with e-bay X band radar gun turned on and watch the brake lights...