Camaro's Gone

zippy

Well, did a trade with the gf's father with the Camaro. Getting a trade and money. I picked from among his many cars. I chose his 87' Turbo Coupe which has a 5.0L and a turbo. Yes, it is a V8, someone pulled the 2.3L I4 out and put in a 5.0L from a GT Mustang and put a turbo on that. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow.

Well, did a trade with the gf's father with the Camaro. Getting a trade and money. I picked from among his many cars. I chose his 87' Turbo Coupe which has a 5.0L and a turbo. Yes, it is a V8, someone pulled the 2.3L I4 out and put in a 5.0L from a GT Mustang and put a turbo on that. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow.

Zippy,I didn't think we were allowed to swear on this site? :devil: That sounds like a bad a$$ ride, can't wait for the pics.

turbo mustang, WHAT? sounds awesome, but how you gonna tune it?

It's actually a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. I'm not sure how I'm going to tune it, but I plan to put a wideband on it right away. It has no wastegate... :eek:

Where in the hell did i get Mustang from? I must have read "5.0" and just assumed. lol

so how much boost is this thing making? without a wastegate it has to be surging like crazy?

I haven't looked yet, but I believe her dad said it was around 12-14psi.

Where in the hell did i get Mustang from? I must have read "5.0" and just assumed. lol

so how much boost is this thing making? without a wastegate it has to be surging like crazy?

You might have been thinking about the Turbo "Stangs"...But they were called SVO's and 4 bangers...Fox bodystyle and different headlights.