Pics Of Your Hood

damn is that an 06 hood on an 03-05 truck? how did you make it work without changing the grille?

Yes it is. No clearance issues, even with the billet grille. There is a slight mis-match in the angle of the grille to the bottom of the hood. However, the hood sticks out further than the grille, so from eye level nothing is wrong.

th_hoodgrilleangles1.jpg th_DSC01259.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since a hood is my next mod i think we should have a forum about different hoods that we have even tho 95% of yall have the goodmark cowl hoo but still post them up please

Doesnt look good on all trucks but i like this one

I love that hood, however I'm really really skeptical about buying a fiberglass hood... I've heard nothing but horror stories about fitment issues, and here on cape cod temperature is an issue... On the typical winter day the temperature will go from ~10*-20*(ambient) to about ~200*(engine warmed up), and back down to ~10*-20*, several times a day, which from what I hear will cause nasty expansion and contraction of cheesy fiberglass, which leads to warping and cracking...

Anyone had problems with this hood on our trucks? If it's good quality I'll buy it just for the summer...

see my hood in my sig. Hood had to be cut out to make it somewhat functional but that was easy(so the shop told me lol). The hood can be made fully functional if you wanted to have it done. I just wanted it cut out so cooler air would help remove hot air from the radix. The hood looks great in person and peope are always staring at it. It's a bold statment and not something I would normally do but I did and I love it.

see my hood in my sig. Hood had to be cut out to make it somewhat functional but that was easy(so the shop told me lol). The hood can be made fully functional if you wanted to have it done. I just wanted it cut out so cooler air would help remove hot air from the radix. The hood looks great in person and peope are always staring at it. It's a bold statment and not something I would normally do but I did and I love it.

STEEL baby the only way to go...After going to shows all over the US I too have heard and seen the problems with Fiberglass Hoods... People shim there fenders to close gaps to the hood.. They move the grille.. And so on...

With STEEL Get it... Prime it.... (sand it sometimes...) Paint it... And then just bolt it on...... :cheers:

post-9617-1193856352.jpg

post-9617-1193856371_thumb.jpg

how much was it for everything

Here is a pic of my goodmark hood before the holes were cut, then filled in the holes with matching black chrome grille inserts.

the more I see that hood, the more it grows on me. mostly on a black truck. I've always loved the classic style of the cowl induction, but mixed with the ram air (and the added black chrome speed grille inserts), it's really growing on me. your truck looks sick. maybe it's because there are so many cowls out there. I still love those too.

where did the hood inserts come from?

the more I see that hood, the more it grows on me. mostly on a black truck. I've always loved the classic style of the cowl induction, but mixed with the ram air (and the added black chrome speed grille inserts), it's really growing on me. your truck looks sick. maybe it's because there are so many cowls out there. I still love those too.

where did the hood inserts come from?

Bought a extra loewer valance piece and chopped it up to fit.