Hypertech

whmayhew

If you call, and if they say yes, ask them if they put the truck on a dyno to verify their results. Last posted on here was that they were waiting on a dyno to be able to do the truck and that was the hold up. Just curious what they say.

Ben,

Another false alert. They e-mailed me that it was done but when I called them today to order it the guy said it would probable be another two months. This same thing happened in July and they said it would be done in January. The guy that I talked to was knowlegdeable about the SS and the Escalade. I will wait the two months but this spring I will do something else. :confused:

I'm almost convinced that a custom pcm tune is the way to go. Rather that the superchips, hypertech, predator off the shelf manufactured for the masses type tuners.

My PCMforless tuner will be here friday.

I'll see how it compares to the superchips tuner I just sold.

Man that really pisses me off when I read this post. I gave a guy $350 about 3-4 months ago at a local speed shop to order the Hypertech programmer because at the time he assured me that the programmer would be available within the next couple of weeks he said. Then I ended up getting the vortech supercharger about a month after that so I called the guy up about a month ago and told him I wanted my money back. He said that he already recieved the programmer and he would try sending it back so he could give my money back. No word from him so I called him today after reading this post (saying that there not even available yet) and he lies again telling me that he sent it back already and he's had no response. I feel like going over there and kicking the guys ass but its a 45 minute drive. Not sure what Im going to do now, I just want my money back.

Man that really pisses me off when I read this post. I gave a guy $350 about 3-4 months ago at a local speed shop to order the Hypertech programmer because at the time he assured me that the programmer would be available within the next couple of weeks he said. Then I ended up getting the vortech supercharger about a month after that so I called the guy up about a month ago and told him I wanted my money back. He said that he already recieved the programmer and he would try sending it back so he could give my money back. No word from him so I called him today after reading this post (saying that there not even available yet) and he lies again telling me that he sent it back already and he's had no response. I feel like going over there and kicking the guys ass but its a 45 minute drive. Not sure what Im going to do now, I just want my money back.

I'd confront him in person. He has had 350.00 of your money for 3-4 months. I've been thru that kinda of shit before. He's giving you the same line of crap that I've heard from others. It's time for him to produce you product or give you a refund. Tell him you want a contact name & number so you can call about the refund your self.

By the looks of your truck you could be there in 30 minutes.

I would call Hypertech phone no 901-382-8888 and complain to them. They should get you some satisfaction. Next time that you order something , order from someone reputable. I have found Hypertech easy to deal with on the phone and you can order products over the phone from them. The reason I am waiting for Hypertech is because you can have the programmer reprogrammed. I have had my current one in 3 vehicles.

That's true. But if you have to use a handheld programmer, for a few bucks more of what you would pay to have that reprogrammed, you could get a predator. At least with it you can get updated tunes as you do mods. Hypertech can't even figure out the tune for a stock SS, much less help you out with any mods. Your choice, but I wouldn't keep it. I have one out in my garage.

• 1 month later...
I just installed my PCMFORLESS PCM over the weekend...I don't know why anyone would pay MORE for a garbage "out of the box" Tuner when this service is available!!!

:withstupid: Totally agree, as a matter of fact as soon as it gets warm I am selling my hypercrap that I have installed in my wife's camaro and contact Bryan for a real tune. Don't waste your money in hand helds, I guess they are good if you are trying to get live updates or diagnose. IMHO. :chevy:

Archived