Loss Of Boost With Radix

I have been through many trials and tribulations with my truck. In fact I am getting almost sick of it, almost that is. My most recent problem is that it seems like I am only building about 6 pounds of boost where I used to get 9-9.5. I have a maggie with a 2.9 pulley, engine is stock, gutted cats, custom tune. I have had 3 engines and 4 transmissions in this truck and I have it about back to normal till this. The things I have checked are: Vacuum/boost leaks at line, loose intake bolts, marked crank bolt/pulley to check for slippage, replaced Gatorback with a new one 110.5 inches(old one was glazed I know it was slipping when it got wet) . What else? Do the bypass valves fail? I'm at a loss here. Thanks!!

Dave

3 Engines...Let's see #1 was due to a clogged catalytic converter(melted the rings to the 3 pistons). Engine #2 was a botched build by a local "reputable builder" where the loosest cylinder had .100 skirt clearance tightest was about .035 on Mahle forged pistons (calls for .025) sounded like a diesel had a ton of blowby. #3 is alive and well but just a 10K mile LQ9 pullout from a Escalade.

4 Transmissions #1 Stocker gave up at 65K burnt high gear clutches. #2 Broken output shaft. #3 Broken output shaft and everything else inside. #4 Alive and well with a billet output shaft. I reused my shift kit, Billet servos, valves and converter on all of them.

So you see why I may be just a little frustrated. The worst part is I can blame no one but myself.

Dave

Edited by Bowtie70SS (see edit history)

3 Engines...Let's see #1 was due to a clogged catalytic converter(melted the rings to the 3 pistons). Engine #2 was a botched build by a local "reputable builder" where the loosest cylinder had .100 skirt clearance tightest was about .035 on Mahle forged pistons (calls for .025) sounded like a diesel had a ton of blowby. #3 is alive and well but just a 10K mile LQ9 pullout from a Escalade. 4 Transmissions #1 Stocker gave up at 65K burnt high gear clutches. #2 Broken output shaft. #3 Broken output shaft and everything else inside. #4 Alive and well with a billet output shaft. I reused my shift kit, Billet servos, valves and converter on all of them.So you see why I may be just a little frustrated. The worst part is I can blame no one but myself.Dave

trust me man i know. ive been through 3 engines and 5 trannies and these things will happen ii get upset sometimes too but i remember its just a hobby and say to myself it will run good one day . .do you have a way to log? belt slip could be a problem still . how did you mark your crank pulley? when i pinned mine the first time around the bolt would spin with the pulley and when i went to remove the bolt it wasnt even tight i unthreaded it with my fingers. what size pulley are you running? if your running a maf tune you could check to see what your maf lb/min is pulling in to tell if you have a vacuum leak

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

I maked the crank pulley with a paint pen. I checked the balancer bolt and it is tight. I do have HP tuners to log with. I was using a piece of nylon to cover my air filter. I took it off of there today and it seems that was my problem? I didn't make a full pass on it but it builds boost better/quicker. I am swearing off of mods for now with the exception of a 2 bar tune in tune near future. Thanks for the replies I'll keep yall posted.

Dave

If you want to use a filter cover here is the Best on the market.

Outerwears.com

I have used one of their products for years and they are great. There have been tests to prove that the air flow is not impeded by using this as a pre filter. If you have a K&N filter # just call them and they will either have the right size or make it. Other wise have the dimensions when you call the 800 #, they will hook you up .

CD