Help

brandt4602@hotmail.com

Ok, I was on my way home tonight and I noticed the heater is not switching to the floor vents. The only positions that work on my unit are face and Defrost only, it also stays blowing in the off position. I have the manual controller. I will look at it in the morning, anything i should look for. has anyone else had this problem? I tryied the search but dont know what to search for

any suggestions? should i just go to the junk yard

Thanks,

Brandt

Sounds like the blower motor control module under your dash is shot (I think thats what is called), or resistor control module. I would get it fixed, because over time other functions stop working as well. Most common on TB/Envoys, but some trucks also. You having the manual control also points to this...

Sounds like the blower motor control module under your dash is shot (I think thats what is called), or resistor control module. I would get it fixed, because over time other functions stop working as well. Most common on TB/Envoys, but some trucks also. You having the manual control also points to this...
:withstupid: Since it is manual AC then it could be a bad blower resistor. Auto air has a blower control module. As far as the blend/mode doors, they are controlled by a series of electric actuators. Check to see if one is moving, or not.

:withstupid: Since it is manual AC then it could be a bad blower resistor. Auto air has a blower control module. As far as the blend/mode doors, they are controlled by a series of electric actuators. Check to see if one is moving, or not.

blower resistor is what I was thinking of. Just couldn't remember the name.

blower resistor is what I was thinking of. Just couldn't remember the name.

Any of you guys noticewith auto a/c that you don't get 100% recirculated air?

Even with the recir button on? I can still smell, like people smoking and stuff...

Never had that problem with manual a/c systems. I tried all different combinations

auto on, auto off, recirc on etc... Maybe one of the blend doors is not closing? :banghead:

Both my fathers and my own personal 2004 GMC VHO did this. The dealer replaced BOTH Auto A/C actuating motors and readjusted the outside air door. Now no more freash cut grass smell, and the air BLOWS out the vents on high like NEVER before.... :thumbs:

Thanks for the info. Any idea if they have to rip the dash apart to get at the actuators?

They have never worked from day one. I bought the truck with 25 miles on it.

Does somebody have to go thru the glove box or rip the bottom heater box out to get to them?

:confused:

Edited by njr2211 (see edit history)