Junkyard PCM

scandore

For programing purpose could you use a 02 pcm flash it, so that you could plug in ls1edit b/c it cann't be plugged in on a 03 pcm without taking it out of the truck. I did this on my hawk b/c at the time edit wasn't available for the 01 so I bought a 00 pcm and used it.

The 03 will work in an 04 truck (I have done this with my own) but the proper number for the 04 PCM is 12586242. I have not tried an 04 in an 03 truck, but would assume it works. THe 04 number seems to be consistent to all trucks while the 03 has the 2 service numbers.

I think the only problem with trying to make an 02 PCM work is that the 03/04 trucks use the blue and green connectors and the 02's use the blue and red. I have looked up the pinouts and a few of them are different. Even if you changed them around I have a bad feeling some of the other onboard computers would not come online as well with the 02 PCM. Good thought though.

Later,

Bryan

Also the SPS will not flash an 04 with an 03 file or vice versa.

Later,

Bryan

I'm using a Genisys and GM software to flash my pcms, and I can take any 605 out of an 03/04 and flash it with an 03/04 VIN/calibration.

For example, when a customer purchases a pcm and thier truck is an '03, I can grab a pcm from a 04 and flash it with an 03, and then vice versa, or I can flash an '04 pcm with '03 VIN/calibration. In my experience they are interchangeable and no problems at all.

To flash an '04 though it's a little tricky sometimes, depending on what version and what month you have.

later,

allen

Archived