First Race In The New Truck Against A Q35

04SSS_kylePike

This is my first post too, however I pretty much have been spending most of my "free" time at work reading everything on here. But I FINALLY got someone to race me a little bit (whenever your looking for a race you never find one).

If anyone is from Arizona, it was on the 101 highway right under the I17, I was on my way home from ASU to go out to the sand dunes for the weekend and I had my CR250 in the back, plus a bunch of gear/gas tank etc...

Well anyways my biggest pet peeve is when people drive < 65 in the left hand lane, there was this guy in a Q35 I haven't read any specs on them as I can't find anything but it looked a little sporty he was going about 55 in the left lane and I was stuck behind him for a little bit, once there was an opening and he had a chance to move over (which he didn't), I flashed my brights at him and went to pass him in the right lane, I hear him start to floor it like he was trying to make a point, but I put it down to the floor as well, and I think he was surprised to see that 5,000 lbs truck still passing him all the way up to 90 where he let off, and once I slowed down he flew by with the finger out the window. I probably had a good truck and 1/2 length on him. Not bad for a loaded truck with the A/C on. Does anyone know how fast those Q35's are?

He had some kind of exhaust, I think because it was loud. All I got so far is CAI. but so far I LOVE this truck.

----

Side question, sorry if I should ask it in another place but anyone know what the 2 different seat heater buttons do? one is horizontal and the other is vertical, but they both seem to heat the seat the same? I never got the user manual.

----

Side question, sorry if I should ask it in another place but anyone know what the 2 different seat heater buttons do? one is horizontal and the other is vertical, but they both seem to heat the seat the same? I never got the user manual.

THE vertical one is for the back and the horizontal one is for the ass!!!! if you push the vertical one everything turn ons if you push the hoirontal one only the bottom seat part turns on ...

nice kill they are quick cars though!!

THE vertical one is for the back and the horizontal one is for the ass!!!! if you push the vertical one everything turn ons if you push the hoirontal one only the bottom seat part turns on ...

Seat heaters: :nono: Not so. If you actually get down and squint at the pictures on the button, you'll see how it works. You've just got it backwards. The verticle button heats the back of the seat only, and the horizontal button heats both [the back and the bottom]. I have heard of some discrepancy on this so maybe these functions were changed in later years, but that is how my '03 works.

On topic of the race: Good kill! :thumbs: I hope it wasn't really a G35, if so the guy must've decided it'd be fun to race you w/o coming out of 2nd gear, otherwise he should've eaten you. In either case though, +1 for the SS!! :chevy:

Im gonna be the first to point out that their is no Q35. Theres a Q45 Infiniti, with a V8. Did it look like this?

Actually, Your right thats what it was :banghead: (no wonder I couldn't find any info on a Q35). I know for sure it wasn't a G35 my buddies got one and it would have walked by me at those speeds.

I guess it had to have been the 2nd gen (FY33) 4.1 L VH41DE engine that produced 266 hp. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti_Q45,

it looked newer then the one in the pic, but the 3rd gen I don't think I would have run with @ 340hp.

--

I've also been reading on here and there seems to be good amount of talk with the Grand Prix GTP but they all seem to be ones with some mods, I have a buddy with one that thinks hes the shit ever since he beat me in my o'l Camaro, it was just a 5.0 RS and he took me by a few lengths. We gota small bet anyone got an idea how it would run Stock-Stock?

I've also been reading on here and there seems to be good amount of talk with the Grand Prix GTP but they all seem to be ones with some mods, I have a buddy with one that thinks hes the shit ever since he beat me in my o'l Camaro, it was just a 5.0 RS and he took me by a few lengths. We gota small bet anyone got an idea how it would run Stock-Stock?

Former W-Body owner here, so I have to ask, what year GTP is it?? That matters because '04 and up have the Series III motor and the Gen V M90 supercharger. A GTP '97-'03 w/the Gen IV blower should run neck-a-neck stock/stock with an SSS. '04+ might have a slight edge stock/stock over an SSS but not much, then there's the GXP......we won't go there. :chevy:

Former W-Body owner here, so I have to ask, what year GTP is it?? That matters because '04 and up have the Series III motor and the Gen V M90 supercharger. A GTP '97-'03 w/the Gen IV blower should run neck-a-neck stock/stock with an SSS. '04+ might have a slight edge stock/stock over an SSS but not much, then there's the GXP......we won't go there. :chevy:

Its a 97-03, so it should be neck-and-neck then eh? hmmm well it should turn out interesting.

Actually, Your right thats what it was :banghead: (no wonder I couldn't find any info on a Q35). I know for sure it wasn't a G35 my buddies got one and it would have walked by me at those speeds.

I guess it had to have been the 2nd gen (FY33) 4.1 L VH41DE engine that produced 266 hp. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti_Q45,

it looked newer then the one in the pic, but the 3rd gen I don't think I would have run with @ 340hp.

--

That makes A LOT more sense. The old ones werent nearly as fast as the new ones.

The current one (before they quit making it) was a marval for how fast it was for its size.

Definatly a good car. My dad test drove 3 of them.