Supercharger Or Turbo

kaos

guys i need some help im going to order a supercharger or turbo in about 3 months but i cant decide which would be the best to go with i was thinking the sts kit STAGE 3 from TRT performance but from what herd it takes to long to build boost unlike a front mount..what im looking for is a complete kit with everything injectors,inercooler ,ect... that will give me good power gains.. THANKS

As everyone will tell you, there are pros and cons to both. If you are looking for a very complete bolt on kit for good power, the radix is hard to beat. I had very little prior mechanical experience and was able to install mine in two days and it even worked. LOL Good luck.

ive herd alot of good things about the radix i like the way the turbo sounds like but i dont know has anyone tryed the sts turbo

ive herd alot of good things about the radix i like the way the turbo sounds like but i dont know has anyone tryed the sts turbo

there's a guy here selling his right now.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38464

Edited by I Am Mr. LessAmerican (see edit history)

guys i need some help im going to order a supercharger or turbo in about 3 months but i cant decide which would be the best to go with i was thinking the sts kit STAGE 3 from TRT performance but from what herd it takes to long to build boost unlike a front mount..what im looking for is a complete kit with everything injectors,inercooler ,ect... that will give me good power gains.. THANKS

hey bro im sellin the sts kit from trt performance and its the stage 4 there sellin the stage 4 at 6700 and im selling mine for 5500 and the kit has only 700 miles on the kit it self and bro u from odessa cus so am i i just moved to fort worth we prolly met oh and bro ur at ful boost at 3000rpms and it has a kick ass launch from full boost

Edited by Trbo SS (see edit history)

front mounts are junk. High engine bay heat. harder than hell to work under the hood.

junk, no way.

There is not any problems with heat in the engine compartment. Easy to install, easy to work on, and makes plenty of power.

People that have problems with heat, either the kit was not designed correctly, or had install errors.

I know plenty of people running fronts, with NO issues that you speak of.

front mounts are junk. High engine bay heat. harder than hell to work under the hood.

That's funny, Mine never gets over 177 - 179 on the water temps and the under hood temps are the same as with the STS Turbo? My intake temps are also the same. I guess its just a matter of opinion.

I like my Trick system a lot better than the STS. The STS was a good system, I just hated that the pump went out and blew oil all thru the motor twice. Anything can go wrong with any system, Turbo can lock up, a Supercharger can lock up, they both push compressed air which equals heat, a SC belt can break, and the ultimate you can blow the motor up.

jamest

I'm actually thinking of doing a front mount myself...I'm doing a little more research first though...Does anyone the guy that was at the may GTG in denton that had the black chevy with the front mount? I'd like to talk to hom and get some info from him...

• 2 weeks later...

Front Mounts are not junk. I can tell you from my experience with Buick GNs *still own an 87* that the front mounted turbocharger is just as effective as a remote mounted kit. My SS has an STS kit on it with FMIC, Methanol, Fuel System, GT-67 Turbo, etc. It's so much fun to drive and the truck hauls @ss as well. There's a trade off between front mounted and rear mounted applications. You will have a bit more lag from a remote mounted kit but less heat soak. A front mounted kit will spool faster but will generate more heat soak. All of these issues can easily be overcome for both kits. Heat wrapping the exhaust, ceramic heat shields and wraps on the front mounted kits, fuel systems, tuning, transmission upgrades, etc. Turbochargers just like superchargers and any other forced induction system are all about the same in the end. There's no sure fire power adder or magical device that owns all. With any kit or setup it's very important that you research and identify the advatages and disadvatages to each kit and see how other people are making up for them. In the end it's all about preference and what you want to see, hear and feel as you drive everyday.

As a long time turbo guy having an STS kit in my SS and a Buick GN with many a mod I can tell you that turbochargers are alot of fun to play with and as long as you do things methodically and logically you will be happy with the performance and longevity. Remember this though...

Fuel system, Air Supply *filter/intake*, transmission, tuning, exhaust must all be factored in before you purchase a kit.

I'd reccomend giving TRT a call or shoot them an email if you have questions about the STS kit. Those guys do great work and have lots of SS wrench time. Good luck and I hope this helps a little.