What Annoys You About Your Truck?

00silverad0

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks P. I was getting mildly worried about that.I've turned it down. I want it off!!!!

There's an old post about cutting the green wire going into the steering column harness, it is the sensor wire that tells the BCM a key has been inserted into the ignition. By disabling this wire you won't have the chime, but also won't have the auto seat recall or any other features that rely on this wire. You would probably dig it - dcairn's how-to...

Mr. P.

1) lots of wind noise at highway speeds
2) I have this weird squeaking noise that seems to be coming from the front driver side. anyone know what it is?

3) something behind my lower driver side dash buzzes/vibrates at times

4) the leather wrinkles so easily

5) back seat is sooo small

I promise that the list of what I love is a lot longer, don't want anyone to think I'm a hater.

ES :flag:

I had the same squeak that i swore was coming from the front right side...drove me absolutely nuts..believe it or not i some how found out it was coming from my drivers side tail light. When i pushed or leaned against it it made the same sound...removed it and lined the edge of the edge of the point of contact wiht some padded foam tape.,..havent heard a squeak since.

THINGS I DONT LIKE: The infinite battle to keep black clean!!!!

It should say SS somewhere on the gauge cluter

Back seat way too small

I GET 10 MILES PER GALLON

But dont get me wrong i absolutely love this truck with a passion and wouldnt trade it for anything in the world

only thing I dislike is we'll have the heat set on 80-85 degrees, then out of the the blue one side will start blowing cold or we'll have the air on & then one side starts blowing hot. Shut the truck off & restart it & it works fine....

damned dual climate control I thought I'd love it, but it's just proving to be a pain in the ass...

Oh yeah & these ugly ass 22's, but that's not the trucks fault, it's the previous owners fault...

Edited by yttaf (see edit history)

1. the front end growl

2. the weatherstripping/wind noise

3. the two big dings in the tailgate from the previous owner

4. the fact that I don't have stock rims for the winter and only have my crap 16s

5. not enough money to do what I want to do

6. not enough time to do what I can do

7. not enough knowledge to do it all myself

Dang, I forgot to add my list to my earlier post...

No 5/6 speed manual trans option.

Should have been 2wd or regular 4x4 option instead of full time AWD that kills mileage.

Weak ass stock trans that has no business being in a performance CAR, let alone a 5500 pound "performance" truck.

Interior is rather plain compared to other special option trucks (Harley Fords, SRT Dodges).

Rear seat squeek that keeps coming back. When it starts squeeking, I have to raise it up, close it down, then it stops for another month or so.

Other than that, I can see myself driving this thing for quite some time. I've already had it 2 years, which is about a year to long by my prior standards!

Now if GM is listening, make the next SSS a 454SS with the new LSX block, make the feature changes/options mentioned in this entire thread, and add a regular cab option to the list while you're at it. Oh, and make mine black!

2. The oddly loud door chime that I wish I could turn off.

3. The fact that I can't figure out how to remove my airbags.

i believe that there was a thread on how to turn it off on a stock h/u. i think that you have to press "6" then press and hold "6"

i am sure i can figure out how to remove the air bags if you want. like take them out correct? i am pretty sure you can't take the cover off the one on the column but the passenger side i think you can unbolt it but it looks like the same deal as the column that you can't take the cover off. i will have a look out in the yard when i get some time.

Ok, so I saw this on GMFS I think a while ago. Guys were posting everything from their truck not running properly to dents, ding, etc. Post up something you dont like about your truck ie (not fast enough, sucks gas)

Heres my contribution. I bought the truck used 1) Guy was a smoker 2) Somehow the dash was peeling(can get pics later)3) guy backed into something before I bought it and moved the bumper 4) The guy who owned it somehow rubbed off the seat heating diagram on the drivers side so every time I wanna turn it on, I gotta look at the passenger side to figure which 1 is which. FINALLY, ITS NEVER GOING TO BE FAST ENOUGH!

Dont wanna sound like I dislike my truck, I love it very much but these are just some things that annoy me.

The gas, I cant afford the mods I want , GM leather is the worst. Otherwise I love it !