2008 Cobalt Ss

there was much rumor that the 2008 cobalt ss would be turbo-charged..... on oct 28 GM offically announced its full stats. there are no pictures of it yet, but its gunna look hot. i am definately buying one for the DD when they come out. i miss my 06, that thing was great..... whats better than 32 mpg, low 13 sec 1/4, 290whp, all from a 2.0 4 cyl.

2008 CHEVROLET COBALT SS FAST FACTS

* Engineered and developed by GM Performance Division

* 2.0L Ecotec turbocharged and intercooled engine with 260 horsepower (194 kW)

* GM Powertrain Sweden five-speed transmission with short-throw shifter

* Nürburgring-tuned FE5 Sport suspension delivers 0.9 g grip

* Brembo fixed-caliper front discs and vented rear disc brakes

* SS-specific appearance with unique fascias and rear spoiler – including available high wing

* 18-inch high-polished forged aluminum wheels and Y-rated performance tires

* SS-specific interior with new sport seats, A-pillar boost gauge and more

* On sale: second quarter of 2008

TURBOCHARGED CHEVROLET COBALT SS GIVES A BOOST OF FUN TO THE COMPACT SEGMENT

LAS VEGAS – Celebrating the performance community that comprises SEMA, Chevrolet used the annual convention of all things high-performance to announce the 2008 Cobalt SS coupe. True to its legendary moniker, the Cobalt SS delivers a balance of track-proven performance capability, driving refinement and premium features – along with an undeniably fun and youthful character.

Developed by GM Performance Division (GMPD) and powered by a 260-horsepower (194 kW) turbocharged and intercooled 2.0L Ecotec engine, the Cobalt SS delivers 55 horses (41 kW) more than the previous Cobalt SS Supercharged, and its driving experience was validated on racetracks throughout North America and Europe, including Germany's legendary Nürburgring circuit.

"The Cobalt SS is the very essence of Chevrolet's fun spirit and serious performance," said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager. "The horsepower will put a permanent smile on your face and you'll find yourself wanting to turn around and zip through your favorite stretch of twisty roads again."

The Cobalt SS coupe arrives in dealerships in the second quarter of 2008. A Cobalt SS sedan, with all of the same high-performance features of the coupe, follows a couple of months later.

Maximum performance – on the street or track

the tune will REALLY unleash some serious torque! and btw the car weighs 2900lbs, and the low 13 seconds i was referring to was my old cobalt ss supercharged. this 08 TC should run high 13s-low 14s like you said.

those pictures are the 07 CSS with the GMACC wheels that i had on my 07. i guess they threw those pics on just to put something with the article, because the changes described in the article dont match the pictures and they are IDENTICAL to my 07.

and yes sir, its the HHR SS motor..... they are actually the same exact cars down to every detail minus the body

yea i saw that a couple days ago. it sounds sick, especially wit the brembo brakes. im kinda confused why they would only put brembo on the front calipers??? but whatever. i read its gonna do 0-60 in 5.7. thats pretty damn good for a car around 20K