i have everything to put my trans back together.. but a tc....i was just going to try to get my hands on another tbtc..the one i have is out of an 04 part# 24228709 ......052908 it this one failed.. is there a differance in the years do some hold up better then others.. and what about reman's which mine was are they not as strong..?

also where should i get one.. the dealership wanted like mid $300 but i thought i remeber reading some where on here where u could get them for 150ish i was trying to find where i saw that at.. but i cant find it yet.

or should i just scrap the tbtc idea.. and get a yank or fuddle or something else..??? and does anyone know prices?

anyways thanks for any input.. i have to do something like today!!!!!!..lol i got to get it of the hoist its on like ASAP.. grr i hate not having time to think about things like this..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have everything to put my trans back together.. but a tc....i was just going to try to get my hands on another tbtc..the one i have is out of an 04 part# 24228709 ......052908 it this one failed.. is there a differance in the years do some hold up better then others.. and what about reman's which mine was are they not as strong..?

also where should i get one.. the dealership wanted like mid $300 but i thought i remeber reading some where on here where u could get them for 150ish i was trying to find where i saw that at.. but i cant find it yet.

or should i just scrap the tbtc idea.. and get a yank or fuddle or something else..??? and does anyone know prices?

anyways thanks for any input.. i have to do something like today!!!!!!..lol i got to get it of the hoist its on like ASAP.. grr i hate not having time to think about things like this..

Go to the For Sale thread and buy the PI Vigilante 2600 stall someone is seeling. I would ditch the tbtc idea and get something with more stall and better.

ya i see thats one seems kinda like a lot for something thats got that many miles on it...is it really that much better..?? also i see Chase had a tcs for sale.. that seems to be fresh would that be a better deal?

The TCS is a great pieces too but as a satisfied PI customer, I'd say they are definitely worth the money, especially for a daily driver. The lock-up on the PI unit is second to none.

well thats good to know...

hmm damnit now i really dont know what to do.. i was like this is easy il just grab a tbtc.. now im really unsure..lol

:banghead:

The tbtc is a good option for the price but if you already have had one fail and your future plans include more power, I would just step up to the big leagues while you have the trans out of the truck. Just my opinion.

ya i see thats one seems kinda like a lot for something thats got that many miles on it...is it really that much better..?? also i see Chase had a tcs for sale.. that seems to be fresh would that be a better deal?

I bought his TCS and it is sitting in my shop right now.

:withstupid: when i was auto i had the yank 2600TT like brad, and there was hardly any difference in daily driveability and even with all my power it stalled true to 2600. i was impressed with it, great unit. i personally hate the TBTC, IMO it sucks..... not to mention it was designed for an I6 with half the torque

The biggest thing to worry about with buying a used converter is the condition of the lockup clutch. Yes these used converters have a better lockup clutch than a TBTC, the 2600 would be about the same driving experience as a TBTC with a better lockup clutch. Personally I have a 2800 and love it, if I were in your shoes I'd get Chase's 2800 TCS unless you are going to go turbo or Radix and in that case I would get the 2600. The cheapie TBTC are the Dayco $150 units, I thought a couple guys on the site had a line on them...

Mr. P.